• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help new comers about loadingscreen and fullscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello and good evening.
Aisha here. I have a question how to convert my image from jpg/png or etc to mdx and blp for loadingscreen and fullscreen for warcraft map )=.:ogre_rage:

This is for loadingscreen.mdx.
(how to convert this image from jpg into mdx)

UX6_EXIV6_HQL31400264804304.jpg

and fullscreen.blp?
(how to convert this image from jpg into blp)

murloc_lincoln_undead_slayer.jpg

Level 3
You can do that using the War3 Viewer.

yea!.. maybe i should give it a try =D..

BTW, thanks ^____^

EDIT:

Hello sir, sorry for disturb again )=

first and foremost about converting files to blp. :ogre_rage:

when i convert my fullscreen file to blp my files size reduces to zero bytes.
It said

it is not 32 bits JPEG files, without alpha channel, the textures cannot be converted. would you like to add an opaque alpha channel?

And about to convert to loadingscreen.mdx it look like dont have any option to convert from JPEG to MDX. )=
just can open mdx ...is there has another way to convert file to mdx? hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Thanks you sir for help newbie people like me here (=...

BTW, do you experience same problems with mine when using war3 viewer.. hmmm? it is a common things?

Hi Aisha. Yes, this can happen. You can also save the image as a bmp or tga and try convert it then.
Sometimes this helps. If not try BLP lab. When you've got the .blp file you only need to download the loadingscreen mdx file and rename the blp.

Edit: I'm gonna upload you the file you need in a second.

Edit II: This is the LoadingScreen.mdx file.

1. Import it. If I remember correctly the path has to be blank (only LoadingScreen.mdx).
2. Next step is to rename your loadingscreen image to "FullScreen.blp" and import it, too. The path has to be blank once more.
3. Afterwards select the LoadingScreen.mdx file as loading screen file in the editor.

The LoadingScreen.mdx just tells the program which image, in this case .blp, to load as loading screen image.
It's no image itself. So you could say your loading screen is made out of those two files: the .mdx and the .blp together.

If you want to set a map preview image, or map image, you've got to import a .tga or .blp and name it to "war3mapPreview".
I'm no more 100% sure if everything I stated is correctly, but I guess it should work.

If it does not work check this tutorial. It's using the same .mdx file and it helped me too.

I think you've got everything you need to know now. If you've got further questions feel free to ask me. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.