• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with a loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok i have this picture i want to insert in the loading screen i downloaded Wc3_Image_Extractor_II
and i have Paint Shop ProX and i imported loadingscreen.mdx and converted my picture from tga to blp imported them both to world editor through import manager put the correct paths "Loadingscreen.mdx" and "Fullscreen.blp"
and went into scenario the loading screen and used the imported loadingscreen.mdx but when ever i test the map the screen is just all black i tryed exiting and re-entering world editor but it still did the same thing what am i doing wrong?

Level 3
loadingscreen.mdx is different for my maps i guess. I had to divide the map into 4 quadrents

loadingscreenTL.tga 512x512
loadingscreenTR.tga 512x512
loadingscreenBL.tga 512x256
loadingscreenBR.tga 512x256

and just removing the war3custom stuff infront of it.

Level 18
the loadingscreen.mdx must be 1kb.. then its the correct one and the file size must be 512x512...
we need to convert it to a BLP format. Open the Warcraft III Image Extractor, and open your new image. Then click SAVE, and save your new skin as a .BLP file. The image tool will prompt you for the image quality. Reducing the quality may save some file space in your map, but you can leave it at 100 percent. I usually use 70-75 without losing too much detail. See the difference in file size below.

-A 512 image saved at 100% is 591 kb.
-A 512 image saved at 75% is 148 kb.

Inside World Editor, load the Import Manager under the Module menu. Click on File, Import and open the BLP file that you just saved. Now you need to change the custom path. Double click the item inside the import manager, and check the box that says Use Custom Path. Change the path to "FullScreen.blp" with nothing before it and proper case. Now import the loading screen file. This model file is a new loading screen which is only one texture. Other loading screens have four corners, and require four images. This screen makes it much easier to use. Once you import it, double click it and check Use Custom Path. Change the model files path to just "LoadingScreen.mdx" with nothing before it either.

Lastly, inside the World Editor, click on Scenario, Map Loading Screen. Check the button that says Use Imported File, and select LoadingScreen.mdx. You can still use custom loading screen text on your map as well. You're done! This is what mine looks like when I test my map.

i had the same problem at the first time and i downloaded the loadingscreen.mdx new because my old one was 2kb big and the correct one is just 1kb big... maybe it will help u a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.