• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help in AI scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
well, I am working on this map called "Orbs RPG". It's based on the map on Starcraft called "Crystals RPG". So you get the picture. One hero, multiple enemies. The thing is, I made an AI for the computer player enemy. They are undead. I made them mine and attack. Problem is, all of them attacks all together at beginning where they shouldn't attack, and their miners only mine in one place. The other miners come to one mine only... all of them.

Note: The enemies base is all over the map, and Necropolises and Haunted Gold mines are scattered with miners beside them. They don't mine in their given mines. That is my problem 1. And problem 2 is that their attack units attack all at once at start of game.

If you can understand, please help. I have just restored this project. I closed it after 2% of progress because of this problem.

A suggestion :
Change each player of the enemy and use trigger to change their colors, you can run
JASS:
melee AI
JASS:
through that.

I give you an attachment of how to create all the enemy share the same colors and only one of them showing at the Score Screen

Notes : this is only for AI harvesting problem, doesn't found the attacking solution yet

Regards,

Daffa the Mage

Attachments

• AI Color & Score.w3x
    18.5 KB · Views: 45
Level 6
For the attack you need to use conditions. Like:

1- Integrer: Food use equal or more than 90
2- Boolean: Hero is at home equal true

For the attack you need to use conditions. Like:

1- Integrer: Food use equal or more than 90
2- Boolean: Hero is at home equal true

its better if you use both color changing and AI Condition check. it will be very hard but very effective, in other hand, why don't you just have the AI activated at a later part of the game, if you divide the forces using my suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.