• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please Help,A building whose control you could take over from an enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi people,
I have decided to make a map with some random buildings and units types. One of those would be a building guaranteeing certain benefits for the team that would control it. Alas, I do not know how to allow fighting sides to take over of building's control because I have begun working with Warcraft III editor lately and I'm still a beginner so could someone provide me any help with this matter? I would only wish to have a building over whose control the contending sides could fight.

Level 1
Thank you guys,
Unfortunately, I'm a beginner hence I lack any knowledge of working with triggers, except absolute minimal basics and I assume it will require an extended amount of time to master them, thereby the first suggestion is something I won't be able to achieve in close future unless someone provides me detailed instructions how to set the triggers for it. On the other hand, the second option with custom charm seems very attractive, so I shall provide an additional info. Well, what I actually wish for is a building over whose control contending rival players could take over and it would produce a specified amount of either gold or lumber to one who would currently posses it. If generating lumber is even more intrigue and poses a higher setback than supply of gold then I will be fully satisfied simply with production of gold.

Level 8
Thank you guys,
Unfortunately, I'm a beginner hence I lack any knowledge of working with triggers, except absolute minimal basics and I assume it will require an extended amount of time to master them, thereby the first suggestion is something I won't be able to achieve in close future unless someone provides me detailed instructions how to set the triggers for it. On the other hand, the second option with custom charm seems very attractive, so I shall provide an additional info. Well, what I actually wish for is a building over whose control contending rival players could take over and it would produce a specified amount of either gold or lumber to one who would currently posses it. If generating lumber is even more intrigue and poses a higher setback than supply of gold then I will be fully satisfied simply with production of gold.

by what event should the controll be brought over?, Is it by buying, or?

and is this a preplaced building

EDIT,nvm leaking, got really close but i'm too noob to make it leakfree
works perfectly for team one but failed for team 2

Attachments

• change ownership.w3x
    21.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.