• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Player Status Menu(Groups Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi Guys! I created two teams group for my map. But, I dont want to see Player 1(Computer) and Player 7(Computer) in the beginning screen. I marked them in the photos.

Please help me...:grin:

Attachments

• Beginning Screen 2.png
    Beginning Screen 2.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Beginning Screen 3.png
    Beginning Screen 3.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Beginning Screen 1.png
    Beginning Screen 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

~El

Level 17
Short answer: You can't hide computer players.

Long answer:
You can simply not define a computer player, and then use triggers to set name, color, alliances on a "missing" player like you would with any other.
However, there are some differences in the default AI behaviour for computer and non-computer players. I don't remember the exact details, so you might have to look around for that.

Level 13
If you *really* want to mess with the player menus there's actually a way but it's so much not worth it in my opinion, you'd have to replace "UI\FrameDef\Glue\PlayerSlot.fdf" with your own version and modify the part that starts with:
Code:
Frame "FRAME" "PlayerSlot" {
    Height 0.025,
To suit your needs... and that's where my knowledge about it ends, I've done it once to move the Handicap menu to make it show before the Team menu.

PlayerMenu1.png

An easier thing to do would be changing the actual computer names shown in those menus, those are in "UI\FrameDef\GlobalStrings.fdf":
Code:
    COMPUTER                        "Computer",
    COMPUTER_INSANE                 "Computer (Insane)",
    COMPUTER_NEWBIE                 "Computer (Easy)",
    COMPUTER_NORMAL                 "Computer (Normal)",
Looks easy enough, right?

One thing to note is that this method most likely only works with MPQs, I've never tried doing this with a map. Changing any of this stuff, even if it worked, also means your map could break from patches way easier (even though Blizzard doesn't change this stuff frequently, if at all).

Last edited:
Level 3
I just want remove Computer 1 and Computer 7 from player menu. I don't want to see them in the Player menu.

Level 3
I created creeps like dotA or like other Moba game maps. İf I changed user controller to none, all monsters of ''none'' controller units attacked my units. I am allied of Player 1 and other team allied of Player 7. :grin:
But Thank you...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.