• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Color problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi.
I'm actually working on a map and i have two "colors" problem which happen.

First off, in a minigame, players have to select THE unit which is in a certain color.
Problem : Players don't see the same color on same unit ! o_O
When i see the unit as red, another player may see it as brown or whatever.
That's weird.

Another, which is REALLY stupid i know, but i can't remember how to correct it :
On battle net, players begins with "random" colors, slot are NOT locked.
And in more, computer slots are not locked, so i have to put them myself everytime i host the game.
I can't remember how lock slots. (so player 1 = red 2=blue and so on, and player cannot go in computer reserved slot).

Thanks a lot.

Level 5
Hi, and thanks for your answer.
I did find the "Fixed Player Settings" and it REALLY helps me, because i didn't remember it and it really began to get on my nerves.

For the #1 :
In fact, i was playing with a friend on my map, and he wasn't able to select any time the good unit. So i paused the game, and tell him which one was red, was blue, and whatever.
And he told me he didn't always see the same color than me (he know colors and has a good view...).
So, every players don't see the same color on same units, and that's fucking weird, don't you think ? And anoying for my game.

Level 1
Hi, and thanks for your answer.
I did find the "Fixed Player Settings" and it REALLY helps me, because i didn't remember it and it really began to get on my nerves.

For the #1 :
In fact, i was playing with a friend on my map, and he wasn't able to select any time the good unit. So i paused the game, and tell him which one was red, was blue, and whatever.
And he told me he didn't always see the same color than me (he know colors and has a good view...).
So, every players don't see the same color on same units, and that's fucking weird, don't you think ? And anoying for my game.

Are you sure one of you aren't colour blind? Or that you locally changed to colour of the units?

Level 16
Maybe other player accidentally turned Ally Color Mode to mode 3.

On screenshot, I am playing as Player 1 with Red Color. When I set Ally Color Mode to 3, my units became blue.
64483d1251537480-color-problems-ingamescreenshot.jpg

Attachments

• InGameScreenshot.JPG
    InGameScreenshot.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.