• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Player Settings / Horde Swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm doing a Rpg Style Tower Defense map, 8 players 1 hero each ect ect.
I have been working it for a while making the map, placing some enemies and towers and adding the heroes.

My question is first I have been trying for the players to be set automatically when hosting the map, example instead of Player Slot 1 Red being available it should be computer (insane) red, I have made the changes on the Player Settings
PLayer_Option.png

URL: http://s27.postimg.org/sllo76nw3/PLayer_Option.png

But every time I host to test it, every slot is available for players when 2 of them are computers, and races can be choose when there is only Human and Undead.

Second thing, I know how to make units appear on a certain area to move and attack a target every certain amount of time, but I don't know the code so once a building is destroyed. Example:
10 Foot Soilders are created at Crypt they are issued to move and attack Castle. What should I put so 10 Foot Soilders stop appearing once Crypt is destroyed.

Level 8
My question is first I have been trying for the players to be set automatically when hosting the map, example instead of Player Slot 1 Red being available it should be computer (insane) red, I have made the changes on the Player Settings

Wait, you want red to be a computer? Then why does your picture show you set the red slot to be a user? Set all the slots you want to be computers to be computers, set all the slots you want to be humans to be users. Then go to the forces tab. Click Use Custom Forces. Work on the forces to get people on the right teams and so on if you haven't already and then click 'Fixed Player Settings'. That's the checkbox you want.

Second thing, I know how to make units appear on a certain area to move and attack a target every certain amount of time, but I don't know the code so once a building is destroyed. Example:
10 Foot Soilders are created at Crypt they are issued to move and attack Castle. What should I put so 10 Foot Soilders stop appearing once Crypt is destroyed.

Well the details of the trigger you want will change based on what role the crypt plays in your map. If the map begins with the crypt in place and if you don't want any other buildings to influence whether the footmen spawn and so on then just add a condition like
  • (Crypt 0001 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
to the trigger that spawns the footmen. To create that condition, go to boolean and then to unit is alive and then click where it says 'triggering unit.' Then click 'select a unit' and find the crypt and click it.

Things will be a bit different though if you just want to detect whether any crypt exists or something.

Level 2
Wait, you want red to be a computer? Then why does your picture show you set the red slot to be a user? Set all the slots you want to be computers to be computers, set all the slots you want to be humans to be users. Then go to the forces tab. Click Use Custom Forces. Work on the forces to get people on the right teams and so on if you haven't already and then click 'Fixed Player Settings'. That's the checkbox you want.

Well the details of the trigger you want will change based on what role the crypt plays in your map. If the map begins with the crypt in place and if you don't want any other buildings to influence whether the footmen spawn and so on then just add a condition like
  • (Crypt 0001 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
to the trigger that spawns the footmen. To create that condition, go to boolean and then to unit is alive and then click where it says 'triggering unit.' Then click 'select a unit' and find the crypt and click it.

Things will be a bit different though if you just want to detect whether any crypt exists or something.

Oh thank you on the trigger, and no sorry It was just an example the computers should be just the God Forces Orange and Evil Forces Brown.

Level 2
Yes it did and also made me feel very stupid since it was just sitting right there, and never saw it in my life until you mention it

Status
Not open for further replies.