• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Player positions lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I have some problems with player positions etc when the host in the lobby, transfers a player to a different slot then he initially was in.

For example, when a player enters the lobby and find himself in player slot 3, the host wants him to go to slot 5 to make the teams equally. After the transfer we start the game and we discover there is no player 5 and the transferred player is still player 3 as well as in the start location of player 3. Because of this we now have the lobby locked

My question goes as follows,

How can i make sure, when i unlock the lobby again, to have transferred players actually go to there new player location?

I hope you can help my figure out how to solve this.

Laurens

Level 1
my settings in game variants are as follows:

locked alliences: no

player 1: team 1
player 2: team 1
player 3: team 1
player 4: team 2
player 5: team 2
player 6: team 2

locked teams: tried yes and no
player locked on team: looks the same as above to my

Triggers:

make player 1 and 2 tread each other as ally with shared vision
etc

Are there any other settings or triggers that will help forcing a player that is moved in the lobby to realy go to the assignt player position and number?

Level 3
Maybe the rest of the thread can help you

I created this thread and no it wasn't solved. Yet, I'm happy that people had some answers. I went on holidays for a few weeks, so thats why I coudn't answer. I'm sorry for that.

But now I'm happy someone is having the same issues as me, so I also can ask it another time without making a new treath ^^.

rearrange your triggers inside your map. you pick all players of team1 and set one by one to the right position. then select all players team 2 and ...
that's it

If I'm right I have to change all my 100+ triggers which have a condition Owner of triggering unit = Player 1
Or Triggering player = Player 1

etc etc .. Change it to a player of a Team??
I really hope not, cause every player got his own points/regions/locations/triggers which all are corresponding to the player locations..

Or is that not what he mentioned??

For the first problem you could use player attributes that the players set representing their slot and then triggers at map initialization to force correct placement and teams.

I hope it can be solved like this, would be alot easier than the solution above (imo). But hereby I got the same problem as 'Laurens' has. The Game variants does not have much parameters which can be changed, yet I cant translate one option there to the Slot of a Lobby. Maybe the solution is very simple, but I just can't find the option in there which is linked to the slots of the lobby.

I hope someone can give a simple efficient answer to this, so I can close this problem. (and Laurens also ofcourse).

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.