• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Lobby/Loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,

I've got 2 things I am wresteling with. I already asked this question once and had nice answer unfortunate, it was too confusing what to do so I let it go..

Lobby:

The first thing is, the lobby settings and the game player locations and teams..

The problem was that if that people were in the lobby and the host switched players to other team or other slot. The player locations/trheath each other as ally triggers didnt match.

The lobby automaticly see the first player who joined is stated as Player 1, the second who joined is states as Player 2 and go on. But when the host for example move Player 2 (which is in slot 2) to slot 4.. THat player is still regocnized as Player 2 but is on team 2 and slot 4.. So the teams and ally's player locations etc etc wont match..

Because I couldnt figure and it was too confusing, I locked the lobby.. So hosts coudnt move players to other slots. But now many people complaining about it, so I think its still needs to be done.

Can someone help me by linking the slots in lobby to the players (which r used in triggers).. So like this:

Slot 1 = player 1
Slot 2 = player 2
Slot 3 = player 3

etc..

So it doesnt matter how many times the host would move a player to a diff slot, the players would still match the condtiiosn in triggers/teams..

And please try to explain it simple as possible, I think game variants are really confusing..

The Second thing:

Loading Screen:

I want to display the players loadingbars be visible at the loading screen, team 1 at left en team 2 on the right.

To discribe it as clear as possible --> The same thing 'Desert Strike HotS' does in their loadings screen.. Al those loading bars of al players..

Thanks in advance. I Hope I can get my answers in here!

Level 9
easy things first.

use default loading screen to have player loading bars.

second thing, teams

rearrange your triggers inside your map. you pick all players of team1 and set one by one to the right position. then select all players team 2 and ...
that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.