• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lobby settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi All,

i made a fun game (3v3). But there is a little problem with the lobby and team set up.. I made player 1,2 and 3 allies with shared vision, and player 4,5 and 6 allies with shared vision.. Thereby i made the startlocations with player 1,2 and 3 near each other and the same with player 4,5 and 6.. I also added some UI - text mssges which for example player 1, 2 and 3 will trigger and will be shown to team 1.. The same for player 4,5 and 6 to show to team 2.. When i am testing and i am player 1, i'll work.. But when I am player 2, nothing will show.. And the same for the other 4 players..

I suspect that this because there isnt anything that will relate player 1,2 and 3 to team 1 and player 4,5 and 6 to team 2.. When i published the game.. I tried to play with friend..

In the lobby i was in slot 4 (on team 2) and my friend on slot 1 (team 1).. What happens.. He started at player 1 location and i on player 2 location and we were both allies with shared vision.. Even though i am on team 2 and he on team 1, we were allies.. And when i started the trigger, only he get the UI - text message.. I think its because i triggered the trigger of player 2, thereby the text will show to team 1 (my friend), and because i was on team 2 .. It didnt showed..

Thus i think that problem will automaticly be fixed when i can relate the team 1 and team 2 (in the lobby) to the players 1 to 6 so the startlocations will be correct thus the ally issue..

Someone knows how I can related the slots in the lobby to the players (cuz the most triggers of me r related to players, and not to teams).. I want to get the lobby slots to be correct to the player (which will defy startlocations and team vision/ally set ups)..

Something like this:

(lobby)

Team 1:

Slot 1: player 1
Slot 2: player 2
Slot 3: player 3

Team 1:

Slot 4: player 4
Slot 5: player 5
Slot 6: player 6

Srry for me crappy english, i hope i made it clear enough what i mean..

Thnk you for the feedback!

Level 3
Does I need to fix it at Game Variants?? Cause the game i made is an Arcade type, so the automaticly 3v3 standard game variant wont be chosen by the comuter unlike if the game would be an Melee game/Costum type.. Or am i wrong? Plase can someone answer this question.. Would be kind :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
native playergroup GameAttributePlayersForTeam (int team);
Use this native (or appropriate GUI action command) to get the players on a team. Use triggers to change the alliance of the players within the teams. All players in the returned playergroup should be allied to each other and hostile to all players returned in the other playergoup.

When creating player starting units, you make sure each side has units created for players from the appropriate playergroup.

Level 3
'native playergroup GameAttributePlayersForTeam (int team);
Use this native (or appropriate GUI action command) to get the players on a team.'

Can you be more specific about this one. I dont understand this. Sorry, i am not pro with this editor, can you tell me in easy language step by step. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Level 3
Hmm, sorry for beingso so foolish.. But I dont know where those options are to make that.. I dont know where to search for what you are saying..

I'm very noob in editing, can you show me a screenshot or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.