• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Player Name Triggering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is pretty simple yet i can't figure it out.
What i want it so whenever you get a hero, your name will be the proper name of the hero. Also if it helps, this will be a map where you walk into a circle of power and get a hero spawned at a location.

While your at it, for future reference how do you make the trigger where you type in for example "-name Bob" and your player name will be Bob.

If any of these trigger have already been posted, i'm sorry but I couldn't find them, Or I didn't look hard enough.

Last edited:
The proper name you are asking for? No way.

The player name:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (IntegerA) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Player - (Player(IntegerA)) types a chat message containg -name as A substring
  • Trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player - Set the name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))

Status
Not open for further replies.