• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Player 1 (red) is always the computer and i can't fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So i was messing with triggers (NON related to ally properties) and suddenly when testing the map, every unit i have turns blue, even though they were RED as player 1 in the editor.

I have tried troubleshooting for long hours now. The ally properties are fine, the Computer is set to what is supposed to be(player6). I have manually read all of my triggers and none of them seem to be guilty of changing player ally/force settings on map initialization.

I have also tried to make a trigger that changes settings so all user players are friendly and every user player is enemy of computer6 (which is what is set on ally properties...)

Even after all of that , thinking it would be solved, and there it is. I'm blue again.

Also tried to go through warcraft manually without the editor, still blue.

And since player 1(red) is a user on settings, it completly messes up the triggers everywhere on the map.

(PS: i have tried setting every player to NONE, and i still get blue, even if i change myself to blue and set everything to NONE i still get Teal, this makes no sense)

I would be grateful if anyone had any suggestions...

Last edited:
Level 2
i tried it.. it didn't work. it wouldn't make sense because then the triggers wouldn't be activating solely because of color change. the bug is the computer is red and he is an user. at least from what i'm understanding. i'm not an expert and i may be wrong here.

I'm fairly new to this so the map is pretty rough. I'm trying tho, all from scratch.
Thank you for trying to helpn means a lot to me. If you can, here is the map :

Attachments

• Undefeated Heroesv2.w3x
    9.1 MB · Views: 11

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
i tried it.. it didn't work. it wouldn't make sense because then the triggers wouldn't be activating solely because of color change. the bug is the computer is red and he is an user. at least from what i'm understanding. i'm not an expert and i may be wrong here.

I'm fairly new to this so the map is pretty rough. I'm trying tho, all from scratch.
Thank you for trying to helpn means a lot to me. If you can, here is the map :
Your map crashes during the loading screen for me. I deleted all of your triggers, imported assets, and reset your object editor data but still have this issue.

I'll see if transferring everything over to a new map will fix it.

Edit 1:
Alright, I pinpointed that it has something to do with your units. When I copy and paste them into a new map the crash starts happening. Do you know which units you changed/created around the time that this issue started happening?

Edit 2:
It's one of the units in the bottom right corner of the map near the Start Locations. When I delete a small cluster of units there the crashing stops. See the attached picture.

Edit 3:
Weird, after undoing the unit deletion and saving the map the crashing has stopped and I can load in properly now. Everything is working as intended with the correct player colors as well. I attached the map.

Edit 4:
Crashed again while loading... But it works most of the time.

Crashing aside, your triggers have some issues, I recommend checking out some tutorials on how to make MUI/MPI triggers and how to use Waits properly.

Attachments

• issue.png
    issue.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Undefeated Heroes Fix.w3x
    9.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you for the effort of going through my map! really means a lot to me, i've give some thought on what you said, and some things come to mind to what may have caused it, if you want to know : otherwise > TLDR

1. Units i deleted that fixed it, instantly : Gar'thok and the wardens from the start(as well as reset to default)
2. Gar'thok the normal orc unit (changed to heroe using orc's heroe units) from the beggining was added after triggers were already there, conflicting with a few conditions.
3. This map was transfered from my old PC in whichever version of w3 it was.
4. Same thing happened to me as in your Edit 3. but it doesn't crash for me... i'll give it some tests with friends.

TLDR. I have now fixed it, using the info you gave me. thanks again =)

Status
Not open for further replies.