• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Planet Attachments and Asteroids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi there. This is actually two different requests, but they are closely related. First, I would like someone to create a simple asteroid doodad or destructible. Ideally, it could be based upon the outland floating rocks, with the spikes at the bottom removed and recolored with the standard gray rock skin. A death animation would be nice, but is not necessary.
Secondly, I would appreciate it if someone could modify the following model to include a "chest" attachment point, and make two different ring attachments that could be added to it. I would ideally like an asteroid ring (could be same colors as previously mentioned, just more of them and smaller), and the other like those of Saturn. That way I can add some variety to the planets in my maps.
The model can be found here:globe2Low - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
I don't have permission from the model maker, but hes been inactive for three years, so I'm assuming he won't care.
These models will find use in all of my various space themed maps, Galactic Conquest, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek (which I am about to update), all of which can be viewed from my profile.
I would really appreciate someone doing these for me and of course full credit will be given in all of my maps in which these models and attachments are used. Thanks!

Attachments

• Asteroid-Belt.gif
    Asteroid-Belt.gif
    16 KB · Views: 431
  • saturn81.jpg
    saturn81.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 154
  • neptune_and_earth_richd~r60~800x533.jpg
    neptune_and_earth_richd~r60~800x533.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 4,455
Level 10
thats one hell of a huge filesize for a planet, I built a much smaller one here

no paths on any of them :)

Attachments

• CloudMap.blp
    11.8 KB · Views: 80
  • lava.blp
    3.8 KB · Views: 155
  • earthy.blp
    3.8 KB · Views: 119
  • PlanetLava.MDX
    11.5 KB · Views: 99
  • CloudThin.blp
    11.8 KB · Views: 74
Level 10
in the Import editor they all have a custom path of jsut the file name. Just click use custom path and remove the war3imported\

btw the attachment point is origin. :)

EDIT: Felt like adding some extras for me planets so I built some rings to go on them ^^ here ya go.

All use ingame textures.

Attachments

• RingsWavy.MDX
    1.3 KB · Views: 112
  • RingsThin.MDX
    1.3 KB · Views: 93
  • RingsOrange.MDX
    1.3 KB · Views: 79
  • RingsGreen.MDX
    1.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Rings.MDX
    1.3 KB · Views: 75
Level 19
Presuming you're making a space map with orbiting planets I'm giving you this prototype. It works and performs well and I hope you'll find it useful.

Edit: I've also attached a working map with it. I've created two solar systems using the prototypes + Flying units and gravity pull etc.

Attachments

• Orbiting Object.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Test.w3x
    569.9 KB · Views: 132
Level 22
Because you know I am making space related maps and this will be in use, again :)

Thank you nastyboy_44, madcd and redmarine. The red clouds of the nebula are awesome, great job to the creator. You even helped me because I abandoned the orbiting system (not that it is anything special) but now I have it here.

Damn i'm such a rep spreader ^^ Omg the peasanat revolving around the farm is hillarious, especially when he moves with stand 1-2 and alternate animations xD

Last edited:
Level 19
Because you know I am making space related maps and this will be in use, again :)

Thank you nastyboy_44, madcd and redmarine. The red clouds of the nebula are awesome, great job to the creator. You even helped me because I abandoned the orbiting system (not that it is anything special) but now I have it here.

Damn i'm such a rep spreader ^^ Omg the peasanat revolving around the farm is hillarious, especially when he moves with stand 1-2 and alternate animations xD
You're welcome! It was only a prototype which I've been using in my own space flight map with orbiting planets etc. I might even release a prototype patch.

Sauron, you just need to copy the nebula and change its colour. I think it can be found under the category Doodads.

Anyway if you are interested in a gravity prototype here it is. It is also included in my space map some posts above.

Attachments

• Gravity Pull.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 22
Sauron- also resize it a bit.

Umm, there was a Black Hole ability, now gone. I needed one. I tried to see what triggers you used but too many variables and scripts used in other triggers as well. I decided to make my own, which is so simple that is not worthy in the resources.

Info: if you enter the black hole, you are being pulled slowly and your life gets lower continuously (didn't include any warning texts). If you reach the center you explode like in your map instantly even if you have hp left. I've always felt an escape from such things must be made with effort, so here, if you want to escape you must pump Esc and click the unit to move outside the black hole. You will gradually get out as long as you keep using Esc when trying to ecape or else- you will be pulled back continuously. Did it in 3 mins or so (+3 mins to find a silly mistake). If you find it hard to escape, though that's the purpose, increase the Wait Seconds in the trigger with the escape.

Attachments

• BlackHoleEffect.w3x
    99 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 19
Sauron- also resize it a bit.

Umm, there was a Black Hole ability, now gone. I needed one. I tried to see what triggers you used but too many variables and scripts used in other triggers as well. I decided to make my own, which is so simple that is not worthy in the resources.

Info: if you enter the black hole, you are being pulled slowly and your life gets lower continuously (didn't include any warning texts). If you reach the center you explode like in your map instantly even if you have hp left. I've always felt an escape from such things must be made with effort, so here, if you want to escape you must pump Esc and click the unit to move outside the black hole. You will gradually get out as long as you keep using Esc when trying to ecape or else- you will be pulled back continuously. Did it in 3 mins or so (+3 mins to find a silly mistake). If you find it hard to escape, though that's the purpose, increase the Wait Seconds in the trigger with the escape.
Or you could just increase the gravity pull of nearby objects. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.