• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Plagued Grounds (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Plagued Grounds (Paused)

Information

This map is a tag/survival/vamp-like game, its based on 11 players total (One Undead, Ten Humans and one NPC).
Its a little like Vamp, you need to make your own base and upgrade your walls to keep the Vampire away from yourself. But there is a difference, instead of letting your towers kill the vampire, you need to do it yourself, by building Armor/Weapon/Gold/Silversmiths to improve your own Human character by buying items that increases stats.

Also in this game, there is a NPC called Arthas' Force, because its based on the Kel'Thuzad part in the first human campaign. The Arthas' Force NPC is just a few Footmen and Knights that patrols on the map, dealing low damage and has low hit points. Humans use Arthas' Force to see where the Undead is, thats the good thing about it. The bad thing is that the Undead can spawn massive hordes of skeletons out of their Corpes.

Humans

Humans are the ones who needs alot of teamwork to win this game, the Abomination is extremely stronger than the humans, even if they have the best items you can get. Thats why they need a stratetic way to destroy the Undead.

The humans goal are to build Weapon/Armor/Gold/Silversmiths to provide themselfes with items that gives bonus armor, damage, movement speed and attack speed (Some items has unique effects). They can also go grind Gold/Silver/Copper coins that spawns a random location on the map to gain gold faster.

I think all people rather wants to be Humans than the Undead, because of more gameplay, that will be changed in this game, the UNDEAD will have quests, events, choises and a chance to enjoy this game.

Undead

The Undead (Abomination) is the main enemy of the humans, its a big Abomination that has alot of hit points and seems undestructible in the start of the game. The Abomination has spells that helps himself to make the hunt for the Humans easier, but still, he needs a good way to use them since he cannot spam all spells at the same time, a good time and a clever brain and the Undead will win this game in no time.

How is this map?

I think this map is very fun to play, if you know how to play it. I think it keeps the Action-factor, atleast over decent for most people, because of the massive power of the Abomination. I myself have tried being the Undead and the Humans, and both teams won alot of times.

Undeads wins 60% and humans 40%, if Undead is extremely noob, the NPC kills him before humans even gets their gear.

Map update 1:

- Abomination made into a Hero
- Abomination abilities boosted slightly
- Abomination Mana is reduced ALOT
- Abomination now walks slower
- Abomination have 2 new abilities
- Human now can train Goblin Shredders
- Human equipment is boosted
- Arthas' Forces damage reduced by 60%
- Arthas' Forces spawn set to every 80/60 sec, from 60/40 sec.
- Terrain Fixes
- Leak Fixes
- Food Seller Added.
- New sounds added.

Map update 2.

- Human new towers added.
- Fixed leaks
- Abomination spell fixed.
- Terrain changes (Mountain is now a buildable place, and enterable place for Abo.
- Minor changes. . .

Map update 3.

- Human new building added.
- Abomination upgrade system added.
- All prices on weapons and armors is increased.
- Abomination power is increased.
- Abomination now can see 1 random human for 5 sec every 100s (Random Ping)
- Humans can now upgrade their hit points slightly from the Tech-center.

Map update 4.

- 70% Tooltips and hotkeys are fixed.
- Cooldown on tooltips added, also warnings (Blink).
- Humans now needs to make a Advanced Armorsmith to get strong armors.
- Leak fixes
- Bug fixes
- Added a Tornado Event
- Added a Wolf Attack event
- Added a Villager/Zombie convertion Event.
- Abomination spells fixed
- Abomination can now Convert villagers to Zombies
- Terrain Fixes
- Coin event leak fixes
- Now Ghouls summons skeletons instead of the Abomination.
- Life regeneration fixes.
- Minor fixes.

Map update 5.

- Humans can now build more buildings
- Gameplay is now harder for Humans
- Strategic gameplay has advanced for the Undead.
- Events added
- New start cinamatic.
- Higher prices.

Map Update 6.

- Humans weapon and armor prices is now reduced.
- Terrain Fixes
- Start Cinamatic Fixes
- Minor update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find any bugs please tell me, and if you have any ideas/suggestions/comments about the map, please share =) Enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Plagued Grounds 0.09.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 8
Come on guys xD Try it out and review this... please come with ideas and suggestions, if you find bugs tell me xD
I realy love when people review my maps (I can't upload on map forum cuz its 46% done (9% Terrain).

Last edited:
Level 15
Played with 11 people, and whils't it's unblanaced atm, it was quite enjoyable.
[+]
-Units, buildings
-Abilities
-Fun
-Fun
-Fun
-Terrain was ok, could be better
-Models, attachments
-Fun
[-]
-Unbalanced
-First cinematic was just lame =D
-Hard to understand the Techtree, improve tooltips and Button positions
-Attack, Move, Stop and other command buttons wasn't 100% matching with each other, a bit messy, but still ok.
-The map was a bit small, not so much space to build in.
-Minimap loading Screen =D
-Needs more cool events :D

I won't rate it since it's not a complete version, but as said it's really enjoyable, and so said the other 10 people i played with.
This map will be awesome when improved =D gl

Status
Not open for further replies.