• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirate's treasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long lost Pirate's treasure in the deep blue ocean hidden in the pirate's ship.

This is my first try at making an underwater terrain! ;)

Two versions, one darker, one lighter.

Attachments

• Lost Treasure.JPG
    Lost Treasure.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Second try.JPG
    Second try.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 405
Level 14
It's very... Interesting?
The boat is very well done, and ingenious, but the cluster fuck of random doodads in the foreground is something I really wouldn't expect from you. I sorta like the lighting in the second pic, but maybe add a version of dim semi-white rays that lean towards yellow? This may or may not make it look any better.
A very inventive underwater terrain, but it's still lacking in many areas.

Level 14
Mostly it's the varying colors from a dark, almost black grass that seems to be unchanged by it's Z,X, and Y ratios, to red bushes. It's sorta natural, but it's also overdone and looks random. But like I said, I do like it.

Level 13
Good idea decent execution but don't worry underwater terrains are hard to make here is some suggestions.

Treasure model sucks use a good treasure like this http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=82692. Also I don't like how there is no moss or overgrowth on the side of the boat why just the top that thing should be covered in greens!!!! The next thing is add more holes if it was a ship battle or ran into something there would be more holes and add some debris on the side??? Sunken ships are homes to a lot of fish life such as sharks, eals, fish, etc not just jellyfish so add more of those. One big thing I don't like is the nothing in the back I know it's underwater but I feel like if you add some awesome it the back it will make this terrain epic. Ship also needs more detail like maybe some cannons or barrels and stuff and maybe a skeleton or 2 lying around??? These are all I can think of right now will add more if I think of some.

Overall like before nice idea decent execution.

Level 23
I like the random foreground and would not change that, because it gives an "overgrown underwater nature" touch to your terrain that goes along with a sunken ship rather well. I would have loved to see some more details going along with the ship though, there are tons of things that can be seen on a ship, so here is a lot of room to improve.
About the lightning thing. I like the ligher version more, because with this light situation it looks like there is a sun above the water, while the other one does not look perfectly like water, since it's darker on the upside. (I assume only very bad water could cause that) and the other version therefor looks way better for WE to create an underwater feeling!
I would like to see some updates because this could look really great, once improved!

Level 7
For first time doing underwater terrain, it look nice. I personaly like first picture more, cause second pic look like the ship is only 10 meters underwater what aint so real IMO. Foreground is nicely done, looks pretty like sea bottom. Like other said, try to but some more doodads on the ship, cause it look so plain atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.