• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Piranha Plant

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
The piranha plant is a dangerous carnivourous plant known well in the Myushroom Kingdom. They tend to root deep in the local warp pipes and are a well known enemy of Mario.

Please do not redistribute or edit without proper permission. Give credit if used in your map.

Thanks to:
Blinkboy, Supa-, Donut3.5, mario_64, and wugiboy for their help in fixing animation issues.

Edit: I have fixed the pipe. Poly count has been lowered.

Keywords:
mario, bowser, plant, fire, piranha, mushroom, kingdom, pipe, warp
Contents

Piranha Plant (Model)

Reviews
19:54 17th Oct 2008 Pyritie: Mesh has a few holes, cylinders have too many sides (maximum 8 on the pipe, maximum 6 on the stem), unwrap is crap on the mouth part (wtf did you even try?), poly count is too high, anims are too slow, shader's screwed up...

M

19:54 17th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Mesh has a few holes, cylinders have too many sides (maximum 8 on the pipe, maximum 6 on the stem), unwrap is crap on the mouth part (wtf did you even try?), poly count is too high, anims are too slow, shader's screwed up again.

26th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected. If you ever get around to fixing this, feel free to resubmit it.

Level 14
awmagawd look at teh pollies ... Nothing can stand up to that abonomation! not even ... nvm ... lower the pollies and your fine.

spam ftw...

some imporvements woul dbe nice:

-mouth has unwrap Problems i think, or, did you want those black streams there?

-below the mouth theres a problem with the stem

-any leaves.

could be a very nice model =)

Level 23
Yeah, I don't know why it hasn't fixed the spelling of Piranha

Devinearmy, I am working to lower that, starting with the pipe.

I chose not to add the leaves as I had already entered the animation stage... The streams were not my fault and for some reason I was unable to fix them... If someone is able to fix it and manages, I would be thankful and add them to the credits as well.

Level 23
... I don't know how to repair the animations if I remove the piep. I have already done that and the anims were screwed.

Besides, I would have to reanimate it then so it would have a walk anim. And I have already done enough anims on this...

Edit: Poly count lowered. Pipe fixed.

Last edited:
Level 23
... I don't know the bone structure of the tidal gaurdian. And I'm not changing the animations. They match the model well. Besides, I'm trying to match it to the common piranha plant anims found in Super Mario 64 (I have it. That's why the anims are simular to it.) And the death anim I felt like doing because it looked cool. And the Stand-3 was kind of a mockery of the SMW (super mario world) piranha plants that go up and down out of the pipes.

So, my answer to your request is: No