• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pingu Sports 0.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: slake
Pingu Sports 0.4 (beta)

You control a nice animated penguin. Using a realistic battle-technique you can use Bodyslam, Headbutt or throw Snowball. Collide with other players. Push them into the icecold water in Platform-mode. Headbutt the puck and score for your team in Hockey-mode. Bump off walls, tackle your enemies and have fun in this knockback-based minigame.

This map is made from scratch by me, including icons and preview screen.

I would like to thank everyone who made useful programs and helpful tutorials. I would also like to thank the community on warlockbrawl.com for commenting and reaching out help.

Changelog:

Version 0.4
- the map is now open source. You can freely edit it if you want.
- fixed an exploit allowing players to escape from the Battle Ball arena.

Version 0.3
- added new mode: "Battle Ball".
- some minor changes and adjustments.

Version 0.2
- penguins are now able to move and use spells while being knocked
- added different cameraes
- decreased collision size for penguins
- decreased collizion size for snowballs
- reduced casting time for snowball
- sligthly reduced friction
- players are no longer able to throw snowballs at themselves
- reduced size of selection circle
- removed the dialog where you are asked about shuffling players when it is Hockey 1v1
- removed an occasional thunderclap effect when using Headbutt

Keywords:
penguin, pingu, cold, platform, hockey, puck, water, cold, ice, collide, collision, knockback, bump, slam, body slam, headbutt, snowball, sports, mini
Contents

Pingu Sports 0.4 (Map)

Reviews
14:45, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected A few flaws in the triggers (not all leaks removed, a few do nothings, could be more efficient), the terrain is lacking, only one mode can be played each time, and the gameplay doesn't vary throughout the...

M

14:45, 1st Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

A few flaws in the triggers (not all leaks removed, a few do nothings, could be more efficient), the terrain is lacking, only one mode can be played each time, and the gameplay doesn't vary throughout the game: it's awlays the same thing over and over again.

Good concept, but needs a lot of work.

Level 1
I've played this game years ago. Didn't think it would make its way here on the Hive, but I'm somewhat glad it did. I'll test this after Christmas, but judging by the description, this map will soon be approved anyway.

- Voting : N/A
- Rating : N/A

Level 5
Fun game but maybe you can add more players so it will be more fun.
More games will also be fun.
If player 1 choose the game, after that game, maybe you can continue by letting player 1 choose another game to play instead of ending the game.

Level 5
nice game I like the knockback system and some other efects
But needs more modes and I didnt encounter bugs either NICE
overall its a nice fun game I give you 3/5 and rep for the work youve done