• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "After the Ocean" My name is Kit. Well that is what everyone calls me these days. My re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
"After the Ocean"

My name is Kit. Well that is what everyone calls me these days. My real name is Harry Matthews, son of a Farmer. A boy who had no hope for greatness! Or at least that is what autocratic rule had me believe. I was eight when I found that I had the 'magic'. I scorched my father's fields with the fire that I had some how summoned in fear of the wolves that were lurking among the crops. I was traumatized by the experience and my father, he was both scared and angry with me. I understood that he might be angry, but it wasn't until my ninth birthday that I truly knew why he was scared. Some guards came, they were from the Capital. They were explaining to me that 'it was a crime to be a Wizard!' A crime punishable by death. Not just for me, but also my father! A big tall guard, who carried a hammer, had also mentioned something else. 'You look like a smart boy, so I must ask you a question. How would you like to live? How would you like to allow your father to live? If you join my guard, you will be spared. I can teach you to control your powers and you will directly be in the service of the King!' I thought about his offer for a time, but I knew it was my only choice to save my father.

The Guard's name was Molos. Gareth Molos. A name in time I learnt to both love and hate! I spent 5 years training to be part of his band of warriors know as the 'King's Hunters'. Their primary purpose was to hunt out and dispose of any magic users. I learnt much in my time with them, mostly that I could not trust a man who offered to end my life. A few weeks after I was taken by Molos, guards were sent to my father's farm to kill him and all who worked on the fields. It wasn't until my fifth year of training that I finally had my first assignment and on that assignment I learnt how I had been betrayed. We were travelling past the farm and we decided to stop there for the night. To my surprise there was a new man at the farm house. He told me what had happened. So soon after I returned back to the city, I left the Guard and sought refuge in the organisation known as Black Sun. Where I spent my next six years.

But now, the Black Sun is likely crushed and it has been two weeks since I had my encounter with a seemingly giant man, Terodin. He told me to cross the sea and search for a Castle. he said 'you will know the place when you see it.' Currently I haven't seen such a thing. I do wonder if the man was crazy or not. There is only one thing that keeps me from giving up this search for a Castle in the south. That is the fact that the villages are all dead. Houses lack their repairs from the Great War as do all the towns. All this area was hard hit those fifty odd years ago, so I was told. The environment has recovered quite beautifully from how I saw the drawings and paintings from shortly after the war. But it all just makes me wonder, why has no one ever returned to these lands? My curiosity makes me continue my search for the Castle Terodin spoke of. If there was something special about this castle, it might have some answers to the questions on my mind.

Attachments

• 61452.png
    61452.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.