• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Physics Angular velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey, I have one question is there somekind of formula for air resistance in angular velocity. I can't find it anywhere. I only found drag force that looks like:

F = 0.5 c * ρ * A * v^2

F - is the drag force,
ρ - is the density of the fluid,
v - is the speed of the object relative to the fluid,
A - is the cross-sectional area, and
c - is the drag coefficient – a dimensionless number.

But I'm sure this formula doesn't fit with angular velocity only with linear velocity.

Level 10
Adiktuz, I'm making directx engine for game, so atleast I want to make physics as realistic as possible. Of course I think I'm not going to make all possibly aspects of physics, because game resources are limited :).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I'm making directx engine for game, so atleast I want to make physics as realistic as possible. Of course I think I'm not going to make all possibly aspects of physics, because game resources are limited :).
What does using the DirectX API have to do with physics? Are you trying to tell us that you will use Direct Compute to hardware accelerate physics in your game?

Status
Not open for further replies.