• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Fire question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there! I am brand new to the WC3 editing world and I have been playing around with the editor the past few days. First, let me say that, from what I've read, I really like the site and the community.

Now, as for my question, I have been doing the basics trying to learn my way around without a guide and I've been taking abilities from the original WC3 TFT game and making them into hero abilities. So far everything has been working just dandy however I have some problems when try to take abilities that were not already hero abilities, for example, Phoenix Fire! No matter how many times I go back and look at all of the fields I can't seem to make this ability appear in a normal button position on my test hero. Button position X=2 and Y=2 and no there isn't another button in the same position, I also have is hero ability turned on, and I have a 'normal icon' for it. Yet, I can't figure out why it's not appearing on my hero. Secondly, I can change the missile art to what ever I want but when it comes to changing the buff that it puts on people I can't seem to figure it out. It always sets units on fire and gives them the "Phoenix Fire" debuff. The original phoenix fire spell doesn't have any thing for the 'Buff' or 'Effects" field so I assumed that was not it.

Any input you can give me on this is greatly appreciated.

-Adante-

Level 4
The ability Phoenix Fire doesn't show up in game, it's just a passive ability that is hidden in-game. Also, in the Ability Editor, it doesn't show it with a buff, however it does has a buff when you look at the Buffs/Effects Editor, there is a buff called Phoenix Fire. The bad thing with the buff is that if you have multiple abilities based of Phoenix Fire, only the original buff will be counted with the abilities.

Level 7
For some reason, wc'3 grid for abilities (where it shows up on your units 12 slots for abilities) are in the negative X and Y axis. That means if you wanted the top left it would be 0,0.
attached is a pic of what i mean

Attachments

• UnitGrid.jpg
    UnitGrid.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 368
Level 2
If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules, to make sure you won't run in trouble.

My apologies but I did skim over the rules and if I am breaking one of them please inform me.

For some reason, wc'3 grid for abilities (where it shows up on your units 12 slots for abilities) are in the negative X and Y axis. That means if you wanted the top left it would be 0,0.
attached is a pic of what i mean

Button position X=2 and Y=2 and no there isn't another button in the same position, I also have is hero ability turned on, and I have a 'normal icon' for it.

Level 2
Actullay, I figured it out. I used the original phoenix fire spell and just set a trigger that would make a dummy button on the hero's panel with all the correct information. Unfortunately as my knowledge of triggers is limited, I could not figure out how to set one to recognize the level of a certain skill. Therefore, my spell can only have one level. If anyone more knowledgeable about triggering knows of a better way to set that up please let me know.

Level 5
So basically, you need to so when you level the pheonix fire ability, it levels up the dummy button spell

• Level up
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Phoenix
    • Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of Phoenix Fire for (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to (Triggering unit)
This triggers makes it so it increases the level of the dummy ability before it adds the ability so you dont start out with a level 2 ability., and since you cant have the same ability twice, it keeps the higher level one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.