• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Fire... how to make the button visible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Help... I need to make my units fire while moving, and phoenix fire is the only way to do this right?
Anyway I need to get the button visible in game so the tooltips will be visible too. In fact I'm getting it as a hero ability.

Please help.
Again, to summarise:
I need to get the phoenix fire icon to appear in game.

Last edited:
Level 5
If its for a hero ability, then you would add Phoenix fire as a unit ability through triggers, and have a dummy 'evasion' ability as Dagguh said.
When the hero get the ability for the first time, add the ability to the hero, or if he is leveling it up, increase the level of the unit ability.
This is the only way that i know how it can be done

Level 5
Not needed,
Event - Hero Learns a Skill
Condition - Learned Skill is Phoenix Fire
Actions
If Phoenix Fire Lvl = 1
Then
Add Phoenix Fire (Dummy) to Learning Unit
Else
Set Level of Phoenix Fire (Dummy) of Learning Unit to (Level of Phoenix Fire (Dummy)+1)

Level 10
erm theres no such 'hero learns a skill'!!! now if only someone would help me with my garrison problem...
also, how do i remove the 'unsolved' prefix from this thread?

EDIT1:
yeah a screenshot or trigger names and categories will be nice thanks

EDIT2:
on second thought, where the 'if skill level = 1' condition

Also, for the earlier trigger, i got up to here but can't progress. My first time venturing so deep into the editor, sorry. Never seen an 'either or' trigger before.

Attachments

• trigger.JPG
    trigger.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Don't Triple Post, use the edit button.

If you can't find what im talking about use the search part when selecting an event,condition or event.

EVENTS
Hero - Learns an ability - Under Hero

CONDITIONS
(Learned ability) equal to (Phoenix Fire) - Under Ability

ACTIONS
IF Skill Name Level = 1 - Under Integer Comparison
Then
Add Phoenix Fire (Dummy) to Learning Unit - Under Unit
Else
Set Level of Phoenix Fire (Dummy) of Learning Unit to (Level of Phoenix Fire (Dummy)+1) - Under Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.