• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phase Shift Attack/Movement Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Pretty simply question really, but I can't work it out and can't find anything when I've searched for it

Phase Shift has options for attack speed and movement speed, I think these are so you can gain bonuses after the effect. But how do they work? I think this is how the Komodo from Legion TD works as it "submerges" then gets attack speed when it resurfaces

I'd like to use this if I can work out how!

Level 12
Well this is pretty simple to trigger.
  • Phaseshift attack bonus
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Phase Shift
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Item Attack Speed Bonus (Gloves of Haste) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Item Move Speed Bonus to (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Item Attack Speed Bonus (Gloves of Haste) from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Item Move Speed Bonus from (Triggering unit)
Triggering unit also acts like local unit, so this is basically MUI without any fuzz. The item abilites are a cool trick to add to units since they won't present any icons. You could also just use endurance aura and hide the ability.

Level 12
Yeah I know it was triggerable I just thought this was part of the Phase Shift ability. Either way works though :)
My experience with OE, is that when a simple data field doesn't work, its either bugged or hard coded into the game and you just have to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.