1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Phase Killer -1.1.2-

Submitted by Dark.Revenant
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This version is optimized with Vexorian's Map Optimizer. If you need help with something in Phase Killer related to mapmaking, just ask me.

Phase Killer

• Multiplayer-Only - Technically it can be played with one player, but the game isn't exactly going to progress. It's impossible to write an AI for this kind of map with our current technology.

• Twelve Players - 6-12 players are recommended. Any less to start with degrades the quality of the game.

Premise

Stay alive and try to acquire better items over time if possible

Three Roles:

- Townsfolk - No special abilities other than having 6 item slots as opposed to the phasers' two. The one condition to win is to kill the Phase Killer. You can still win even as a ghost, but it becomes more difficult that way.

- Phasers - Half of the players in the game, rounding down, become Phasers. Phasers have the ability to Phase, which moves them to and fro the Aetherworld. Phasers are the most helpful for hunting down the Phase Killer, but ironically are the ones to be considered as the potential Phase Killer.

- Phase Killer - One of the Phasers in the game is the Phase Killer. The Phase Killer has the ability to phase, transform into his natural form at will (albeit with a slight negative health regeneration), disguise himself as a different player (changing his name and color, but not his pings), upgrade himself using collected souls, change his form/specialization at will, and use a handful of combat-related abilities.

Features

• Three Dimensions - There are three dimensions: the two standard ones, the normal world and the aetherworld, and the harsh hard-to-reach omniworld. There are several ways to go between the normal world and the aetherworld, but the most direct route is through the ability possessed by Phasers: phasing. The omniworld is reached through the omniworld gateway after it has been activated by a specific item combo.

• Chat System - The chat system is customized with interesting features that allow for more unique gameplay. Especially interesting is the auto-garbled speech that one may experience...

• Life after Death - If you die, you become a ghost. As a ghost, you can instantly phase between the dimensions and use a short-range teleportation ability. Ghosts also use mana to talk in two ways: short-range floating text or public chat (the latter of which is auto-garbled). Ghosts also have a chance at resurrection if someone manages to acquire Arcanum (good luck getting whoever has one to consume it by reviving you; it has a really good passive ability and is very tough to get).

• Items. Lots of Items. - The bread and butter of Phase Killer is in the items, which are spawned throughout the map on the ground. Some items are more common than others, others only appear in the Aetherworld, etc. However, the real depth to them is the combinations possible by, well, combining them by moving one item over another in your inventory. There are currently more combination-acquired item types than randomly-spawned item types.

• Good Reading - Somewhat of a tip of the hat to Wilderness Survival, every item combination (in some way or another) is depicted in the various books that can be found lying around the map. Some books are much harder to decipher than others, and one is even readable only in the aetherworld.

• Zombies - Players may be semi-revived as zombies, controlled by their masters and possibly even traded like slaves between players. Zombies have no inventory but are powerful in combat and can become human by consuming someone's corpse.

The above is basically a general consensus of Phase Killer, and by no means lists everything in the map. If you want to experience it, I suggest you play it.

The forums are at www.comclan.co.cc

Keywords:
Phase Killer, Phase, Killer, Wolf, Mystery, Murder, Dark, Revenant, Aether, World, Dimension, Omni, Multi, Zombie
Contents

Phase Killer -1.1.2- (Map)

Reviews
16:57, 26th Jul 2008 Septimus: Click Here for the review. Review.
  1. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to understand the game isn't meant to be a "you're on your own" type of game. Obviously, there is a bit of distrust due to the Phase Killer being out and about, but the only way to win is to work together. Humans are best for fighting and phasers are best for chasing/running/making items.

2. ChaosBlade_DC

ChaosBlade_DC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rift Bomb+ Dynamite + Molotov Cocktail + Net + Phase = GG Human

3. Fires-of-War

Fires-of-War

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bug found

Yo dark.revenant@azeroth, i found a bug in your game while playing it (yes the newest version), the glitch is that while equipping or unequipping heavy armor (i didnt try with the other armors so i dont know if its the same with those) if u click on an item to pick it up b4 it finishes equipping or unequipping then all items in your inventory except for the armor disappear. Hope you fix that, its a good map otherwise.

4. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really have no idea why that would happen, Fires-of-War. It must be a Warcraft III bug, because all of the item transactions are done in the instant the cast time finishes. Picking up an item should either not do anything or at least cancel the cast. The fact that it doesn't cancel is weird.

At least you kept your armor, otherwise you would have been boned.

5. kewlthis

kewlthis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didnt like this map. there are tons of items lying on groun and no idea what they do. After roles assigned still no idea what to do. More info for newbies needed!

6. ChaosBlade_DC

ChaosBlade_DC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reading books never harmed someone. And really, what do you think will Matches do? Or Torches?

7. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review
    Notice & Contact
    This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
    If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Review System
    Each map would had 100 score at the beginning (Full Score) and for each merit point, the point would increase while for each demerit the score would be deduct.

Map that violates rules would be deduct point drastically. The same apply for map that had bug as well.

Overall score would effect the rating given by Alexis Septimus. Below is the overall score needed to achieve certain rating.

Unacceptable = 0-15 (Rejected) 16-30 (Approve)
    Lacking = 31-50
    Useful = 51-80
    Recommend = 81-90
    Highly Recommend = 91-119
    Director Cut = 120+ (Not Available)

Rules Violation
    Map that violates the rules of hiveworkshop would be deduct point heavily which could possibly effect the rating drastically and could cause it to be rejected.

Below are the list of violation that could had possibly occur.

1) Map protected and never mention at detail/description/information (Map that cannot be open by ordinary World Editor must had the statement of it being protected) [-10]
    2) "Just another warcraft III map" title are not allowed even if it is written at other language.[-100]
    3) Blank map with nothing on it. [-100]
    4) Maps with offensive map previews or profanity in the name or description. [-100]
    5) Maps that are written in languages other than English without English as alternate language. [-100]
    6) Map that had been approve, but deleted and re-upload to had better rating. [-30]
    7) Incomplete maps/alpha stage level map are not acceptable. (Must at least be at least at late beta stage) [-100]
    8) Maps that serve no real gaming function such as special effects and trigger test maps. [-100]
    9) Stolen/Hack/De-protect map. [-100]
    10) Maps that do not use standard keyboard characters [-100]
    10) Constantly upload the same map (Different version are not acceptable as well, you should had use the update button instead.) [-100]

Other than this 10 violation, the map could had possibly rejected under other circumstances as well.
    If you fail to follow this important rule, moderators will PM you again and all future versions of your map will not be approved until you do. If any user fails to reply in some way to the PM, more serious punishments may be brought upon them at the discretion of our moderators or administrators.

Positive Review
    The bottom review is the list of positive stuff about this map. Positive review usually not only about how good the map is, but also if it follow the rules of thehiveworkshop.

[√=] -

Neutral Review
    The bottom review is the list of suggestion/comment and opinion about the map. It usually contain an useful hint for the map author if the map author try to earn more merit point for their map.

[√] - I do not found any bug soo far and did not see anything wrong with it either. But, this gameplay is kinda complicated and lot's of stuff to learn. It would take quite a time to master it.

Negative Review
    The bottom review is the list of negative stuff about this map. Negative review usually not only about how bad the map is, but also if it does follow the rules of thehiveworkshop or not.

[√=] -

Rating & Miscellaneous information
    Overall Score

Overall score earned by this map after it has been review by Alexis Septimus. Score are affected by merit and demerit point.

Score -100/100

Rating

Overall rating are affected by the overall score after
    the map been review by Alexis Septimus.

Rating - Highly Recommend

Map Conditions

Map conditions are usually based on the amount of bug found or how laggy it was. But, it also could be under other circumstances as well.

Condition - Very Good

Status
    Indicate if the map had either been approve, rejected or ignored.

Status - Approve

Reminder
    The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
    Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

8. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great!

I just tested the map and it seems great in all ways! The background music is great as well, like the terrain and spells.:thumbs_up: Love It

9. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I got this bug as killer that I can't change form,many times, the nearest was using verison 0.2.5 playing online, the other times using 0.2.5b is mainly on single player, will test it using 0.2.5b in muti player

10. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not a bug. You were out of power (where gold should be). Anyway, don't worry about that anymore. Forms are handled much differently now.

11. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Out of power?! can't be I have 12 power at that time, can't find the change form thing on the command card somehow, seem to be replace by this " killer sight" . (don't joke with me I am never out of power, I was killing like hell everytime I am a killer) and in your change log I find out that 0.2.5 is not relesed, yet somehow some one has it and host it.

12. Kinetix

Kinetix

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is great fun, and I look forward to further updates. :D

Great game, keep up the good work.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  13. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    again, I got this unable to change form problem, stuck at the warrier form, the normal change form button is repalce by killer sight, if you want the replay tell me, and I am using verison 0.2.7b.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  14. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're not supposed to change forms anymore. It's a random choice now.

I'll include a dialog at the start so you can pick it, though.

15. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I see, I must be badly out dated and miss the change log, and by the way read my post on clan com's forum.

16. Revan(Rom)

Revan(Rom)

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1problem on map:

To much leaver in Bnet!
    I could play it only with other 2 guys...my brothas...
    the game is awesome! lIKe yOuR sYSTEm---

17. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's strange, I only get 1 or 2 leavers tops. Usually, leavers only leave when they die. Well, there was that one time, but let's not talk about that.

Anyway, you were probably just unlucky.

18. 1st_acc

1st_acc

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG this game rocks but i never knew about the omni world till now!!!
    9999999999999999/1 lol it rox

19. Hi.Hi

Hi.Hi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I loved the map, but when the terrain got edited it caused me to lag even with the people I always played with. Now, sadly I stopped. But awesome job anyway.

20. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, there really isn't much I can do about that. The only thing I can suggest is have your friends host with Dota Client, VCK, or PLC so that the delay is minimized. Some computers just don't do well with lag...