• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Peryton

So this mess.

Basically years ago I used to check out those D&D art galleries they had up back in the days of 3.5E, and saw this crazy hybrid critter the Peryton. That's supposed to be a deer/eagle, y'know, but that is hardly a deer so my brain managed to fenangle it into some sort of Wildkin-esque hybrid critter

Little did I know the Peryton is actually a deer/eagle thing (Seriously, look it up, its got some weird 'mythology' attached to it, for something probably invented in the 80s) and this is probably entirely wrong. But hey, learning is learning

Keywords:

war eagle, bird, hippogryph,
Contents

WarEagle (Model)

Level 25
That would have something to do with the Mal'Furion skin screwing up the code for the site, forcing me to use Furion's skin instead, chainging the horn's color

Or it could be the face I put him in a mountain top setting with heaps of fog and a few dead bodies around, but hey

And this is my 140th comment BTW

Level 2
Bloodslaughter-
1.If u can do better, let me know
2.No it isn't shit, even if u dont love it, u have to admit its at least decent (personaly I like it)
3.There is no reason to be an ass like that
4.You could at least say WHY it sucks

Level 2
i have to disagree wiv the peeps that say its shit cos its not it just needs a custom skin then it would be at least a 4/5 model i would do a skin for it if you wanted me to
=)

Level 2
thx Kerrigan it is isnt it
o and btw i will make a custom skin for you if i have some free time spare today (homework got to go school tommorrow)
:shock:

o and also can i use this model in me campaign (thats not started yet) and if you wanna help me you can (anyone that is)

Level 2
yea i am ok but as i said i am making a skin for it to so it will look ok after i skined itand if any one wants the skin i will sedn it you (if you ask me in a email

Level 2
[/quote] ...Model is ok and tell me where you got the concept art it looks so badass :twisted:

He got it from D&D (Dungeons & Dragons - Monsters of Faerûn). It is actually really precise. He may have only been using 3 or 4 models clunged together but it looks so awsome! :twisted: really nice job :D 4/5

Level 4
actually from what i see this is EXACTLY like the preyton in my OOOOLD Dragon magazine... (#88 i think, back in the '80s) very nice job lol... and to think i would never see this thing again :roll:

Level 10
Nice job. I personally don't like the head, but it does add a sort of fiendish feel to the model.

+ essential animations included
+ interesting concept
+ idea implemented well

Overall Score: 4/5 (l33t)

Level 25
wait.. where did this relic come from? Ouo
I was gonna add some developer commentary to my old stuff because my original comments got nuked on the transfer from sear.ch to hive (Bloody hell, has it been that long?) and uh, yeah, I didn't realise that this'd shove it up to the front of the pile. Woops....

Also was gonna chuck in a few advertisements that some projects had used this and I'm 90% sure it turned out to be the most successful of the models I made, outside of my compilations with Olof

I was gonna add some developer commentary to my old stuff because my original comments got nuked on the transfer from sear.ch to hive (Bloody hell, has it been that long?) and uh, yeah, I didn't realise that this'd shove it up to the front of the pile. Woops....

Also was gonna chuck in a few advertisements that some projects had used this and I'm 90% sure it turned out to be the most successful of the models I made, outside of my compilations with Olof

well it is definitely nice to see you around, man :)