• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permian Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
N00byStance said:
In WORD? :shock:
:shock:
We did a test in Computing once... A word-generated HTML file versus a Dreamweaver created HTML file. Take a guess as to which one was more readable, smaller... I mean, when we talk about smaller, the Word one was at 100Kb or something with the Dreamweaver one down at about 10 or 20Kb. Word is shocking at HTML.

Level 9
Yea i done it in word and i dont like dreamweaver that much but i sorta know how to use it but i do better html, my only problem with html is the tables and forms for me cause eac h time i try and do a form it wont work and the borders for the tables i cant do properly.

Level 6
Mecheon said:
Whitehorn, your awesomeness rating just went up 200% just from mentioning that game

WOW, I didn't know that anyone here actualy played that game 'sides me.
All are to bow to my Mint condition cartrage of EVO, for it is almighty.

Ahh the memorys... Many good and bad memories.... I still hate the hell out of the Frog Mother boss more than the final boss...

DD_Draco said:
Yea i done it in word and i dont like dreamweaver that much but i sorta know how to use it but i do better html, my only problem with html is the tables and forms for me cause eac h time i try and do a form it wont work and the borders for the tables i cant do properly.
Word sucks, notepad rocks

Level 9
i found out how to use the borders on the tables now hehe but yea notepad s slow but better then the other programs.

Level 9
i found out how to use the borders on the tables now hehe but yea notepad s slow but better then the other programs.

Level 5
I have a question

I have seen some maps that have their units "underwater".....?
how do I do that?

now my plan is that in this corner of the world, living fossils, and new species collide in an epic competition for survival amid coastal sea and inland swamps, amid harsh mountains and sandy hills and beaches...
as you should have noticed, some of the requested models were aquatic, some terrestrial, and some amphibious... the 3 "classes" allow for 3 different playing styles... and different challenges etc.
and I THINK that making the player be able to see their aquatic creature (if that's indeed what they chose) better, it would be more fun....

but is it possible to have the map 1/2 aquatic and 1/2 land?
I want to transition it naturally... as once you leave the shallow coast, as you go far enough, the place will turn "underwater mode" if you chose to view in a different direction.... but you can still play from above normally?

Level 5
I have finally gotten a war3 CD after my last one broke in an accident... sibling took it upon herself to break a few of my game CDs.... :shock:

well after careful thought... I have decided....
Permian Survivor will be the general title... but there will be two maps....
the first will be the terrestrial one and the second the aquatic one... that way it will be easier to make the two different habitats and have two different sets of creatures and landscapes.... perhaps a third or fourth will be out afterawrds if it is successful...

Permian Survivor - Gondwana
Permian Survivor - Thethys Ocean

I also realize that whenever I AM on war3 b.net... it is all DOTA.... this makes me want to finish this project more than ever....
thanks to all you guys help I am now going to work all the more harder... though I am basically starting from scrath terrain-wise....

and by the way, a website is in the works... but I still need to figure out how to make a forum... and stuff.... and I only use HTML code on notepad :lol:

as for the publicizing, I plan to have a link in my signiture and I hope anyone who would like to when the website is complete and hosted will do so also...
I plan to also have intro-topics and recruit-topics on the different war3 modding sites such as this...

hope my map will becoe a good and enjoyable one... there have been too few survivor maps, too few...

Level 5
what? the fact that this began so long ago and has fallen into inactivity so many times only to revive slightly here and there, now and then?

whatever.... my life is busy... just trying to make time for my interests as well as my responsibilities

Level 8
omfg

I see you want to create the best map ever.
But I think that you spend to much time in programming maps and other things . I think , there must a limit for each programmer in programming maps. If you think , that you MUST have the best map you could keep up the map. I just want to say you : Warcraft isn't the live

Level 4
Sounds like a good idea. I read the whole thing. Good luck with your map, it sounds like it's going well!

Level 5
thank you for readin it all... as you can see it has been slow and I have been bogged down with many things but hopefully I can start revival of this and get it going...
I have discarded my old map and have started anew with a new plan...

same old story though, survive as an organism of the Permian period...

but two habitats... AND I have started on the website, and its going well!

Status
Not open for further replies.