• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permian Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Sorry KuKulzA, I just have read your post conversation and I wanted to help you giving you this useful hint :D

1) I haven't your pre-version, don't be worried ;) I am talking about this screenshot of pre-version, you have placed here, in this thread (page 1 [?]).
2) OK, perfectionist, as you want :D BTW I am too ;)
3) Sorry for throwing into your thread, but I thought it is my obligation to point this BUG :twisted:

Level 5
cool... cool... and cooler...

maybe a Mezozoic... it may be more popular... since more people are into dinosaurs than boomerang-head-salamanders.... and sail-backed reptilians... and super squid with cone shells.... or sharks that rear up like dolphins, or fat terrestrial salamanders that can bite off your head being so big....

and no offense taken, NoobyStance, I knew about the grass thing.... but that was actually a model testing map converted into a prehistoric terrain type map...

...by the way, who else feels that:
...vacation is good because...
more time to do stuff
...vacation is bad because...
so much stuff needs to be done
(at least for me)

summer feels like it is almost over, but I haven't done much....
still go school work... 2 books to read... a other stuff...
and war3 modding... TheBattleForMiddleEarth...
too much.... and with relatives over... from 3 different parts of the family... AHH!!!

Level 5
nearly a month and no prehistoric models and then suddenly... I am inundated...

cool...horse-shoe crab could be used....
and I am going to check out the dragonfly

...and....
The Sea-scorpion will need anims such as:
Shedding (molting, etc.)
swim (tail up-&-down, back legs paddles)
walk (clumsily crawling)
attack (clawing)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
encyclopedia in quest section sounds great... now war3 can be a learning tool... hehe

"Tim, have you studied for you biology test on evolution yet!?!?!"
"yeah mom, doin' that right now!"
"then why do I hear 'game-noises' coming out of your computer, where is your bio book?"
"Mom, apparently, you didn't realize that war3 is actually designed to be a learning tool for young kids. The Editor software allows people to tamper with things and add info, all the things I needed to know are all on war3..."
(!SLAP!)
"shut the fuck up... go back and do your work"

*sorry if it sounds violent.. my childhood was full of beating and stealing and racist neighbors etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 5
As of now ...the progress....

Predator
Eryops (done)
Dimetrodon (done)
Diplocaulus / Diploceraspis *1
Lung-fish
Hybodus (Shark) *2
Sea-scorpion (Eurypterid) *3
Lycaenops
Orthocone

Prey
Edaphosaurus (done)
(there are more but they are taken care of)
---critter---
Ammonite (done)
Horse-shoe Crab (done)
Dragonfly

*1needs swim & attack anim
*2needs to have his attack anim fixed
*3almost done, some needed anims listed above

Level 5
....I'm so proud of you! :cry:

... :lol:

great, now I need help doing some advanced triggering... RaoDaoZao tried to help me with some Do-It-Youself basic directions and general tips... but I haven't done well...
and unfortunately deleted all the modified interface test maps... so I think I'll try again... must clear my mind of frustration.....

So lets see...

Predator
Eryops (done)
Dimetrodon (done)
Diplocaulus (needs swim anims)
Lung-fish
Hybodus (Shark)
Sea-scorpion (Eurypterid) (allmost done)
Lycaenops (done)
Orthocone

Prey
Edaphosaurus (done)
---critter---
Ammonite (done)
Horse-shoe Crab (done)
Dragonfly (done)

hmm...
I think I'll try make that orthocone, but then RDZ would have to help because I can't animate.

Level 5
yea, about the Diplocaulus
I think it needs attack AND swim anim
shark needs a fixed attack anim

....and do the lungfish if you want to.... it wasn't a big predator but it was pretty prominent in its own right... eating the amphibians' eggs and young... and even some of the smaller amphibians... but though they are kinda big... the old amphibians were bigger... much bigger...

Okay, I finished the Orthocone, but it needs new animations.

Here is a preview of the Giant Orthocone
Orthoconepreview.jpg

I based the look of the Orthocone on the one from the Walking with Dinosaurs special, Sea Monsters.

Level 5
I think I kinda disappeared for awhile didn't I?....

haven't been able to really work on it much during the summer... and now I am totally grounded with homework...but I have started making a second map...
I'm not sure which map is better... the 1st or 2nd...
but when I do decide on one... I'm going to put in triggers... as for triggers... the tough ones I might have someone else do them... triggering gets on my nerves... sometimes... but if anyone wants to volunteer, thats fine with me

thank you for the models.... they are awesome.. as for additional amins... we'll see... maybe maybe not...
I have to juggle school-related, sports, other game mods, other interests.... and stuff like that...

but if I was to give a date for the completion of everything besides some of the triggers.... I'd say by the end of October.... so....

around 10/30/2005 it should be nearly complete
I'm not sure what to do afterwards... but I have some ideas... whatever, I'll just concentrate on the project at hand...

Predator
Eryops (done)
Dimetrodon (done)
Diplocaulus (needs swim, and attack anims)
Lung-fish (not yet started)
Hybodus (can be based on the shark but it still needs attack anims)
Sea-scorpion (done)
Lycaenops (done)
Orthocone (done, but needs anims, RDZ is going to do them)

Prey
Edaphosaurus (done)
---critter---
Ammonite (done)
Horse-shoe Crab (done)
Dragonfly (done)

So the only thing I can do is make the Lungfish, and after the Hybodus gets anims I can remodel adn reskin that one.

Level 5
awesome!

I'm starting to really not appreciate school... *sigh*... I have so little free time now...

whatever, keep up the good work...

by the way, I am beginning to learn to use 3ds max 4.....its pretty cool....

Level 5
one thing I can tell you... if my map doesn't come out spectacular, I have failed the beauty of your 3d models... they are so good!

thanks for everything and keep up the good work! :wink:

by the way.. for my map... I may need someone very skilled with triggers.... I may ask RDZ... I dunno...

Level 5
just to give those interested, there has been a drastic slow down in progress due to school and work... soon sports activities and clubs will occupy more time...

so I am sad to say that this map may not move along fast enough...
but I have contacted one of my old Bnet buddies, asking him... to help out

so anyways, thats the news ...not very impressive, kinda sad, o well...
hope to be able to work on the map further soon...

Maybe I could terrain a bit for you, then you can concentrate on the rest a bit more.

btw now that Mecheon has uploaded a WoW shark model WITH attack anims and lots more, I'll be able to make more sea creatures, I'll make the Hybodus for you soon, but now I'm working on the Dunkleosteus, maybe you can add that one as well, I'm also going to make a Mosasaur, an Ichthyosaur and maybe a Stetahcanthus.

Edit: if you realy want this project to become popular and well known, then I suggest you make a site.

Level 25
Whitehorn, your awesomeness rating just went up 200% just from mentioning that game

To those who have never had the pleasure of playing this SNES game Evo: Its made by Enix. You know, the company that merged with Square back when?

Anywho. You start off back when there are just fish, trilobites and jellyfish and stuff. You know, that world-covered-by-oceans stage. Then you fight your way through and get evo points to evolve and change your shape. You go through this until you get to the boss, and then mysterious time portal takes you to early Permian. Or pre-Permian. The age of amphibions is all the game tells me

Fun game. Very fun game. My carnivorus maned horse thing was awesome

Level 5
thanks guys :D

by the way... olofmoleman... good suggestion...
infact I was in the process of making a site... got caught up with a lot of other stuff though... but I hope to continue making the site and hopefully get it done! (I am using all HTML code right now, a real pain!)

any good hosting suggestions? like freewebs?

Level 9
if you would like i can help you with HTML ive recently done a site (in word) and i have to clean the html. but if you would like help with a web page i will gladly help you.

heres a redirector called www.dot.tk its very good actually (and its ONLY a re-directer)

And i think this is the host you mean http://funpic.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.