• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] periodically increasing creeps max HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
how do you periodically increase the creeps max HP in an aos map ?

what are the alternatives? wich one is the simplest?

by periodically i mean time intervals of 5 minutes, not couple of seconds.

Level 19
Actualy, you can use item abilities for that.
Group the units you want to increase their hit points, and add the 'item life bonus' to it.
When your timer is done, you just remove the ability.

Otherwise, you can use the 'Item Permanent Life Gain'.
I'm not sure, but I think if you add negative values to it, you may also decrease the hit points.

Upgrades is a fine alternative too if you want to make it easy.
Yet remember, if the player is a human, he will hear the sounds of 'update completed'!

Level 12
Or just adjust the Neutral Hostile player's handicap.

If you do that, all you need is a real variable, and a timer script that adds to that real, adjusting handicap as it progresses. Something like:

Every X seconds
set handicap = handicap + whatever boost you want
Give Player handicap = handicap

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would advise a combination of upping handicap (it only works up to a certain % increase). Past that then eithor use upgrades of large denominators followed by handicap reduction for best efficency, or if you really want to up it high, use a HP tome system as those allow you to set unit HP directly via triggers.

Level 9
actually using a simple custom upgrade based on the grunts hp-increasing upgrade works perfectly. for my purposes.

and in my case it is clearly the easiest and most solid alternative.

i highly suspects its the common standard for increasing the creeps hitpoints in any aos map periodically as players grow stronger.

thanks again to everyone for the helpful input!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Upgrades have limated levels thou. Thus there will always be a maximum.

Also why increase load times when adjusting handicap has a simlar affect and maximum.

However if both methods cap out, you have to then rely on methods like tomes to keep raising the hitpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.