• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

pc freezes when playing any game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,i was playing warcraft 3 the frozen throne yesterday and im playing it today and for some reason it started freezing for about 5-8 seconds then works fine for few seconds then freezes again.i have the good system specs for it i think

512 MB ram
directx 9
windows xp home edition
nvidia geforce fx 5200
i dont know whats going on with it like before this it was working perfectly but now its messed up for every game i play not just warcraft 3

Level 4
Check your fans (CPU and GPU), are they spinning? Also try defragmenting your HDD drive, turning off unneeded services or programs, clean the dust, free up some HDD space, scan your computer for viruses/adware/malware andother bullshit.
If that doesn't help then reinstall your Windows copy.

Oh and does it happen when you're simply idling at Desktop?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
512 MB ram

Probably the problem as it freezes when loading and exchanging data from RAM to VRAM which is basically the hard disk. Try upping the defualt VRAM size and also closing usless programs like MSN or other such RAM using programs.

Also could be virus based or other background overhead programs causing it to randomly chew up all your CPU power during odd times (eg norton doing a scan).

Status
Not open for further replies.