• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Paused unit and Flame Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
why are my units unafffected by flame strike damage
when they are paused? (Trigger Pause X unit)

any ways to fix this?

i paused units that came in a range every 0.03 sec,
then cast flamestrike on him, and it deals no damage except for the first strike damage,

other skills works fine on it..

Level 16
so i need to make a triggered flame strike..+__+
that will be one heck of a work.. any other solutions?

what about chronosphere and stuff?..
isn't that pause unit? how do hellfire blast and stuff damages him,
or when mirana leaps (shes paused)
or any custom script to pause units without removing the damage?

Level 12
So you are saying a paused unit won't take damage from storm bolt or carrion swarm or chain lightning, want to test?

Also there are lots of non-triggered spells in dota.

Level 19
You could always cast two flame strikes, one before they enter and another smaller one with a tiny aoe under the units being paused.

Level 26
So you are saying a paused unit won't take damage from storm bolt or carrion swarm or chain lightning, want to test?

Also there are lots of non-triggered spells in dota.
This guy has problems with reading. Have you read tutorial? Have you read carefully what I've written? Answer is: No. Only PERIODIC counts.
You could always cast two flame strikes, one before they enter and another smaller one with a tiny aoe under the units being paused.
Nope. You just said that creating additional Flamestrike fixes the problem -> False.

@razor21 whats the problem? applying dot?
For DOTs you can already use this.
If you want to apply DOT in given area you can either use aura with degeneration hp, or still use DOT system with picking periodicly units in given area and apply to them small dot that last 1 second, since normal flamestrike debuff (burned ground) deals damage every small period of time too.

Level 12
There are few important things you need to know about pause.
One of them is that units under Pause take no damage from hardcoded (ladder/normal WE) spells. However, if you trigger effect or damage the problem is solved.

Hey we don't need to get angry for a game :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.