• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patrol System (GUI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

I'm asking from you to create a patrol system because I have big problems with the basic patrol system made by Blizzard. The system is about having point A and B and a unit patrolling between these two points.

The system should contains these things:

• GUI(so that I can understand the system).
  • No memory leaks.
  • Patrol is cancelled when attacked, but the patrolling unit won't chase the enemies forever. There should be a range when he returns to patrol.
  • The system should be easy to copy and put to work. There should be easy way to change settings such as:
    • What unit is patrolling.
    • What two point the unit is patrolling.
    • What range he can go before returning.

The system will be added to The Chosen Ones campaign. Questions are welcome and rep and credits to he creator.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This should work the way you wanted, it takes a few minutes to set up each unit. The longest part is finding the points.
(It is a lot easier to find the points if you turn the map grid on)

Attachments

• Patrol - Yayoi.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 49
Level 37
Hey.

So I tested your map and it was kind of okay but then suddenly came the god, oh god, the god came. He came and did something incredible, oh god, he really did something incredible, he did actually did something, something so suddenly, a system that worked in front of my eyes. Oh god he did it somehow but it kind of felt like a warm feeling and it was done! THE SYSTEM WAS DONE! And all thanks to... Kitabatake.

Thanks again for helping, but this guy from no where came and did the system.

Hey.

So I tested your map and it was kind of okay but then suddenly came the god, oh god, the god came. He came and did something incredible, oh god, he really did something incredible, he did actually did something, something so suddenly, a system that worked in front of my eyes. Oh god he did it somehow but it kind of felt like a warm feeling and it was done! THE SYSTEM WAS DONE! And all thanks to... Kitabatake.

Thanks again for helping, but this guy from no where came and did the system.

Anytime! No problem!
Just keep the booze coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.