• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] [Pathing] Prevent blight from spreading over cliff to Alpha Tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Remove Blight from Alpha
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Race of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to Undead
          • (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to Undead
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Point(3800.00, 3800.00)) of type Blight Pathing to Off
      • Environment - Remove Blight for Player 1 (Red) across (Playable map area)
      • Environment - Remove Blight for Player 2 (Blue) across (Playable map area)

Undead's Blight spills over the edge of the cliff and corrupts the Alpha tile which is supposed to be sky. like this:

I considered using dummy units with dispell blight to surround all the terrain, but I don't think this works and it would take a lot of time. I also considered pathing blockers, but I don't think that will do it either.

Please help - any advice is appreciated.

[Side Question:] To remove the shadow map, I added a .shd file with improper bounds. This results in an error message but then continues to the game without issue and creates the desired effect (clear skies). Does anyone know how to create a .shd file with not shadow in it? I used the shd file converter tool from the tool forum and converted the proper .png file with complete transparency and that still cast a dull shadow over my alpha tiles. This is a side question and not as important. But I think there should be a tutorial that covers this. I was unable to locate one.

I can try that but I used JPNG to edit the pathing and set it to unbuildable. This should do it. I can try to rewrite the path to Ashen_Rock and then replace all tiles, but I'm not sure it will work. I'll try it though.

[Edit] Ya, that did it. I feel dumb, that was so easy.

If anyone knows about .shd files please VM me.

Last edited:
When converting the .shd file, you can basicly edit it with an image editor. Simply remove all parts outside the islands (use a converted height map or a picture of the minimap for reference) by making them the same color as the parts where no shadows got created.

Afaik, a shadow map only consists of black and white pixels. There's no transparency layer.

You can find further information here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/war3map-shd-file-format-213568/

When using shd converter (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/shdconvertor-1-0-a-226717/), unshadowed parts are white, shadowed parts are black.

When converting the .shd file, you can basicly edit it with an image editor. Simply remove all parts outside the islands (use a converted height map or a picture of the minimap for reference) by making them the same color as the parts where no shadows got created.

Afaik, a shadow map only consists of black and white pixels. There's no transparency layer.

You can find further information here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/war3map-shd-file-format-213568/

When using shd converter (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/shdconvertor-1-0-a-226717/), unshadowed parts are white, shadowed parts are black.

So, I guess I should remake it with white.
Thanks for the tip.

Still, if anyone knows how to make the fog of war transparent (but still hide units) that would be great. Even with the .shd file imported, the Alpha Tile has a shadow from the Fog 'o War on it that ends at the edge of the map and reveals the terrain height. Disabling FoW fixes this completely but ruins the Melee aspect of the game. What I would like is to have the FoW have no color/shading but still hide units. I have tried using a war3mapMisc.txt file but I can't seem to find the proper string and value to overwrite. I know this is a bit off-topic and this thread is now [solved], but it's a bit of a waste of space to start a new one.

So, I guess I should remake it with white.
Thanks for the tip.

Still, if anyone knows how to make the fog of war transparent (but still hide units) that would be great. Even with the .shd file imported, the Alpha Tile has a shadow from the Fog 'o War on it that ends at the edge of the map and reveals the terrain height. Disabling FoW fixes this completely but ruins the Melee aspect of the game. What I would like is to have the FoW have no color/shading but still hide units. I have tried using a war3mapMisc.txt file but I can't seem to find the proper string and value to overwrite. I know this is a bit off-topic and this thread is now [solved], but it's a bit of a waste of space to start a new one.
I don't think you can change the fog of war style.
However, you can use sight-modifiers to reveal the alpha parts of your map so that only the walkable landscape is covered with fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.