• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Pathing for bridges created in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, In my map, a peasant character can build a bridge during gamplay.

However, non of the pathing or collision is setup. Characters can't walk on it or go through it. Any solutions?

• Bridge 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • True Equal to (Bridge Build Region 1 <gen> contains (Constructed structure))
          • True Equal to (Bridge Build Region 2 <gen> contains (Constructed structure))
          • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Bridge
    • Actions
      • Set DummyPoint_BRDG[0] = (Center of Bridge Spawn Region 1 <gen>)
      • Destructible - Create a Short Wooden Bridge (Vertical) at DummyPoint_BRDG[0] facing 0.00 with scale 1.82 and variation 0
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_DummyPoint_BRDG[0] )

Level 5
Put bridge normally in WE and test if units can walk over it

Units can definately walk over the bridge if I place it in the WE before booting up the map. However, if I create the Bridge during gameplay there is zero pathing on it.

Check out these screens. The bridge looks perfectly placed, but the peon is stuck at the legde.

Attachments

• War3jpeg.jpg
    War3jpeg.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 127
  • War3 num2 jpeg.jpg
    War3 num2 jpeg.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 116
Level 19
that may be (must be) a wc3 bug.... my suggestion ?
Put the bridge there
move it to outside of map when time elapsed 0.00 (not map init)
when building is build, move it back

sorry I cant think of anything else

Level 5
If units can walk on the preplaced bridge then there's a very simple solution to this: preplace the bridge, and destroy it through a trigger. Resurrect the bridge at the appropriate time.

THAT WORKED! Thanks.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Bridge1 = Long Wooden Bridge (Vertical) 0001 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Bridge1
      • Set Bridge2 = Long Wooden Bridge (Vertical) 0000 <gen>
      • Destructible - Kill Bridge1
  • Bridge 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Bridge
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • True Equal to (Bridge Build Region 1 <gen> contains (Constructed structure))
          • True Equal to (Bridge Build Region 2 <gen> contains (Constructed structure))
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Resurrect Bridge1 with (Max life of (Last created destructible)) life and Show birth animation

Status
Not open for further replies.