• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pathing and vision related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If a unit is ordered to move to a location wc3 will give it the shortest path there.

Now if the path becomes obstructed without the player having vision would another unit issued to move after this change have his path changed possibly without ever seeing that the previous path is obstructed or will the second unit try to move like the first until it finds out it can't?

The point is if i could manipulate this to make units move differently depending on each players vision

Yeah I think so too, units already moving don't get this though I think?

Or atleast it updates slowly

You can easily test this.
Create two cliffs with a small passage through which leaves enough space for a unit to travel and enough space for some pathing blocker.
Place a unit so the shortest route to the other side goes through the passage.
Create a trigger that spawn a pathing blocker in the passage a few seconds after the unit is ordered to move.
The order should point to the other side of the cliffs.

Look at the results.

Level 12
As far as I remember unit will try to walk like the path was not blocked.

Level 12
Yeah the unit moved until something like 500 units close, thinking it might be based on acusition range

Edit: Nope it doesn't seem to change from anything I find. Probably not going to be useful...

Status
Not open for further replies.