• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Misc] Path Skins to New Model

Level 18
Hi,

I posted about this here: [Import] - [Skins] Use Custom Skin AND Default Skin

Would anyone be willing to do what is described in the above post for me for the two textures below?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Level 39
Not intending to be rude here but... in that thread you were told exactly what to do and were linked the specific tools you need to use to do it. Learn to do it on your own so you don't have to ask anyone in the future.

Here's 3 tutorials on how to do it.

Personally I just use the mdl/mdx converter.

Export the model using Warcraft 3 Viewer.
Convert to .mdl.
Open it in Notepad.
Change the Texture Path to whatever and the name of the model.
Save it.
Convert back to .mdx.
Voila!
I would probably go for what is described in the guide. But you are right that the links there are broken.
This should be correct links:

Level 18
Hi,

I posted about this here: [Import] - [Skins] Use Custom Skin AND Default Skin

Would anyone be willing to do what is described in the above post for me for the two textures below?

Thank you for reading.
download mdlvis.And copy the model, and just change the texture path.
Edit:If you don't know where to get the texture model itself, then dig into the archives of the game with the "mpq" extension.

Level 15
download mdlvis.And copy the model, and just change the texture path.
When it comes to changing the texture paths from the models in a jiffy, MDX Pather does a MUCH better (and safer) job than Mdlvis. Easy peasy.
boast.gif

Last edited: