• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Path of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

202025-albums7755-picture94530.png

(image by ~Nightmare)

Path of War is currently in development.

Item Models/Icons/Description: 95%
Everything Else: 0%

Just some random screenshots I took to show people how items look on the model and some of the icons of the items in-game.

pow1.jpgpow2.jpgpow3.jpgpow4.jpgpow5.jpg

Path of War will be an AoS with very specific mechanics, items and gameplay design.

Core Mechanics:

1. No Specific Heroes or Classes

All players will have one hero class for which players will have full freedom to pick whatever spells,
items and assume whatever roles they want. This will not be a process set in stone from the start, but players will build towards
some end build of their own during the game.

2. Item Durability / Stats / Tiers / Upgrade / Types / Visual

All non-consumable items will have durability feature, which players can use both in favor or
against to provide with both difficult, challenging and fun mechanic. Items that drop durability to 0 will
be considered broken with lot of their stats reduced until repaired. These items will always reduce
durability when used in some sort of combat, whether it be vs heroes or non-hero enemies.

All non-consumable items can be enhanced up to three times (can be changed) at which most or
all of their stats and special abilities will improve in some way.

Items will have 4 separate tiers (normal, enhanced, unique and epic) that players can buy and upgrade.

The items that players buy will show as visual addons to their own hero, both for cosmetic and fun
purposes. Players will be limited to buy and use items of the types: weapon (1H & OH or 2H) armor, misc
and consumable items (ammo, potions).

3. Spell / Learning / Unlearning

Unlike the standard aos formula, spells in this map will be a choice rather than a must. With that being
said, spells will also not feature levels or upgrades, but will grant effects and bonuses that will always
be viable in all states of the game, whether it be early, mid or late game.

4. Specific Attacks / Skill Shots / Spells

Everything will have synergy, what weapons players use with what spells and what armor types. For
example, all non-magic ranged weapons will require ammo and allow for skillshot ranged attacks.
Magic weapons will consume mana and melee weapons won't require anything.

Because of the
difficulty of the mechanics and the drawbacks both in durability and possible ammo/mana costs
for attacks and spells, damage is greatly increased while health and mana is greatly reduced. This will
allow players to know that if they land a shot, it matters due to the difficulty of the mechanics.
I predict that team fights will end relatively quickly and farming / laning will require both patience, timing
and precision from players in order to farm and advance. After all, this is an AoS map and will feature
towers, creeps and other structures.

Another factor is the gold. Because everything will be bought, gold will be a resource that players will
almost never have enough of. Because of the repair, buying spells, buying ammo, upgrading, buying pots
players will have full choice and full responsibility for the build of their heroes. Poor choices will cost
players greatly. As I said, I intended this map to have hard mechanics and more rewarding gameplay.

Thank you for reading thus far. Leave your comments / suggestions below and don't forget to check this
thread often because I will add screenshots, test maps, items, spells and all information about the map here.

Items Added: 4 out of 70

All Items

1H Weapons (Main-Hand)

1H Weapons (Off-Hand)

2H Weapons

Armors

Misc

Consumables

Basic Vest
peasantarmor.jpg

Armor (Type 1)
Max Durability: 24
Armor Type: Chest

Block: 1 - 7 (Physical Damage)
Health per Sec: 0.5

Increases your Max Health by 30

Worn Robe
bluerobe.jpg

Armor (Type 1)
Max Durability: 17

Block: 1 - 7 (Magic Damage)
Mana per Sec: 0.35

Increases your Max Mana by 40

Bulky Plate
junglearmor.jpg

Armor (Type 1)
Max Durability: 36

Block: 3 - 15 (Physical Damage)
Health per Sec: 1

Increases your Max Health by 50

Assault Ring
attack%20ring.jpg

Trinket (Misc)
Max Durability: 10

Damage: 1 - 3 (Physical)

Last edited by a moderator:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I really like this one. The explanations said it all, but does this map has some sort of "Roshan" or "Baron" (bosses)?

Have you already started it yet? This is a fun and challenging map I guess.

Thank you.
I'll keep updating this as I update the map.

Right now all I have is the model and all items descriptions and nearly all models placed. The first thing I'll do is put a test map for people to jerk around with.

But the map is far from beta.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Trying to bump this since its so interesting.

Thanks for your bump.

I'm adding stuff and creating it. But its a bother to make it all nice and pretty with BBCodes. Its a drag to add item information with colors and different icons etc. I'll try to add a little bit everyday, because there are 70+ items and I've just started on the spells. The map is far from done and I Don't have plenty to show and tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.