• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch problems to my World Editor testing option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there. I was wondering if someone had the same problem as I have right now.

I downloaded the newest patch. Downloaded a new Jass New Gen pack and well I did everything right but I'm not able to test map with JNGP anymore. If I press the "test map" button warcraft 3 crashes so it doesn't even open warcraft 3. The only way I'm able to test maps is to save them and then move them into a warcraft 3 maps map and open it inside real warcraft 3.

Anyone here having the same idea and maybe knows how to solve it? I had this before with the previous patch and the only thing that helped for it was reinstalling vista on my computer but I think that aint the perfect solution and I'm not looking forward to do that.

Level 19
You're suppose to ask this question at WEHZ section or Warcraft Editing Tools. :=/

This is the 3rd time I ask this question now. As I said previous patch I had the same problems, but this is something that might be caused by the latests patches. I could post it in one of those sections (again) but I don't think that will help. And it doesn't really look unlegal to post it in the "Site discussion" section because I'm actually asking for someone to discuss this problem with me which is patch related while others are posting things about the latest patch aswel.

You might want to move this thread if I'm really wrong. I'm not someone that's into breaking the rules but I prefer to get this problem solved now because it's working on my nerves pretty much with the stuff I'm making.

And it doesn't really look unlegal to post it in the "Site discussion" section because I'm actually asking for someone to discuss this problem with me which is patch related while others are posting things about the latest patch aswel.

Site Discussion is for discussion related to the site itself, not random problems.

Level 19
Sheesh you're worse then some ensurance people calling around dinner time asking you to spend all your money on useless crap!

I will copy this thread to one of those places and hopefully people will discuss about the topic then instead of about things to complain about.

Level 31
Discuss The Hive Workshop's content, features and files. Comment on our style, explore the site's possibilities or suggest improvements!

This section are suppose to be posted a thread that are related to this site rather than a third party tools.

I could post it in one of those sections (again) but I don't think that will help.

Just bump the thread 48 hours if there is no reply.

And it doesn't really look unlegal to post it in the "Site discussion" section

The staff would probably dump it into recycle bin. Some people have the tedency to gone completely nuts when their thread was dump into recycle bin.

Anyone here having the same idea and maybe knows how to solve it? I had this before with the previous patch and the only thing that helped for it was reinstalling vista on my computer but I think that aint the perfect solution and I'm not looking forward to do that.

If nobody post the right solution for you, why not try it? After all, there is a QFT that entitle "Beggers cannot be chooser"

I downloaded the newest patch. Downloaded a new Jass New Gen pack and well I did everything right but I'm not able to test map with JNGP anymore. If I press the "test map" button warcraft 3 crashes so it doesn't even open warcraft 3. The only way I'm able to test maps is to save them and then move them into a warcraft 3 maps map and open it inside real warcraft 3.

I read something that you need some sort of files for it (Probably is mpq), but not sure about it.

Level 19
had the same prob, Purplepoot told me to take reinventing the craft off and it worked

Awesome! it worked and damn that's a simple solution:p
You're a lifesaver, I reinsalled entire vista 2 times for this problem after new patches came out and it costed me alot of software I (because of that) lost on my computer lol!

+rep:D:D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Can we stop asking how to fix JNGP.... May I remind you that it is a WC3C / the helper made tool, and so you will have the best luck asking there, where the makers can help you out.

If you are having save problems, then make sure you are using the lattest JNGP, turn off reinventing the craft and then downlaod the fix I provided in the main news thread.

My JNGP works perfectly and robustly.

Level 19
Can we stop asking how to fix JNGP.... May I remind you that it is a WC3C / the helper made tool, and so you will have the best luck asking there, where the makers can help you out.

If you are having save problems, then make sure you are using the lattest JNGP, turn off reinventing the craft and then downlaod the fix I provided in the main news thread.

My JNGP works perfectly and robustly.

It's fixed now. And I didn't have save problems and nope I'm not thaaaat dumb lol.:p And well I don't see the problem of asking it here. Didn't think of asking the maker at wc3c but will do that in future. And I didn't ask how to fix JNGP because I didn't know it was an option from it. It could have been regular World Editor aswel I couldn't know it, that's why I asked.:grin:

Anyways, fixed now so no need to keep going into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.