• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Patch effects on engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there a thread somewhere that's collecting the recent patch's effects on scripting? I'm coming back from 1.29ish to find my map working, but very oddly in some ways. Tools it depends on that come to mind are: vjass, timers, structs, inheritance, click events, keyboard events, DEBUG constants, and real -> int rounding for determining the integer index of a tile:
(..., -63.5000) - (-63.4999, 64.5000) - (64.5001, ...)
Though the rounding has always had issues for reals that were too large

My map also implements some important events, such as unit enters region, unit comes within radius of, (or w/e they're called) using a timer with a scan of relevant areas for relevant matches

A small number of units are kept alive through map life cycle and just swapped in and out, but counts are only around 50 for my testing

I'm hoping any of those details will narrow my search. I'm wondering if my timers are executing at a different rate than before now... Any chance we have access to a object/func that's "real time" accurate now? ie async from WC3's execution, and can be used to make delta callbacks more independent from engine execution

Status
Not open for further replies.