• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cooldown on Teleport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi,
is there a command that resets the cooldown for a specified spell ?

when i create a teleport spell i basically move the unit instantly, before the cooldown starts to take effect ... which sux

or is there an event like EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_CAST, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_START ect.. that times exactly the point when the cast is still in progress (so i have access to all target data) but the cooldown is already executed (i dont want to use a timer and transfer all the data ect..)

any ideas ?

Level 3
kk thanx4reply :grin:

... no that doesnt work ... no cooldown on skills that are added

using
UnitAddSkill(..)
or UnitAddSkillBJ(..)
or SelectHeroSkill(..)

...i could remove all other skills then cooldown and then add the other skills again ... but thats stupidno ?

Last edited:
Level 3
no im trying the opposite,

when i move my unit before the spell is finished i dont get the cooldown effect
on the other hand if i wait till its finished i dont have access to target data anymore because the spell is over

i thought there must be an easier way than staring all the target data and then creating a waiting timer that fires the spells effects taking the target data from a cache after the spell is finished ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.