• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.24c live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1.23b did not even have hashtables, so obviously you could not use them (both in JASS and GUI).

Map hacking is probably still possible, just all current map hackers will be broken due to them changing stuff internally in the game engine.

Do not think blizzard even mentions half the stuff it changes, it probably has a huge like 50+ line change list if they mentioned all the changes but they do not. After all, why should we be informed if they change the name of a variable, or optimize something, or fix something under the surface.

Level 8
Q.Q.jpg

Why? ._.
Why must i reinstall Wc3 EVERY GODDAMN SINGLE PATCH!
I guess none got an idea about it? -_-

Edit: Not only I need to reinstall it, I need to re-convert it to English again...

Hm thanks, however I can't even find Warcraft 3 in regedit. Probably because I just copied the Wc3 folder from the windows.old folder after installing full windows 7? ^^
YEah, that might it be. To fix run wc3, and then go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Blizzard
Warcraft III

Level 1
hi to all...
i cant join games.. im still in the regedit. but there is a key named InstallPath and the Path is correct...
why i cant join games then?

MfG

Level 8
Meh i got nothing running. I googled for it and it seems to be a rather common issue now. Maybe I can get around it by downloading the direct patch once it's uploaded :/

Edit: f*** yeah, after tons of other bugs I finally managed to get it installed. Be doomed Blizzard, be doomed. If SC2 patching will be a hassle like this then... rawr!

Last edited:
Level 23
"Fixed a minor memory leak when using GroupEnum natives"

does that mean I don't need to...

set udg_TemGroup = units within 500 of udg_TempPoint

(function)

call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

anymore?

No I'm quite sure it's not that. The fix involves jass coding, as when you called the GroupEnum natives before, they leaked if you used null as a parameter instead of a condition like the one you mentioned. But now you can enum all units if you like, without having a leak when using the native. You still have to destroy the groups.

Level 22
Thanks and +Rep
I got a bit further.. however, now I get this:
Q.Q.jpg

The War3x.mpq cannot be found or opened even though I certainly do have it in the correct folder -.-

You may have errors in the registry, if you have previously installed war3. You may try installing war3 in a new folder, which won't delete traces of previous installaitons but may set clean paths.

The usual steps are:
1. Install Roc. 2. Install TFT. 3. Paste Patch in War3 Folder and patch the game. You can delete the patching file if successful.

Dont paste any war3.exes cause usually diff version files may make it unsuccessful. Maybe patch the new installation with 1.24b full patch, 1.24c is shits and Blizzard MAY make a new patch if they r not idiots to ruin other things for some "VITAL" fixes.

You may have errors in the registry, if you have previously installed war3. You may try installing war3 in a new folder, which won't delete traces of previous installaitons but may set clean paths.

The usual steps are:
1. Install Roc. 2. Install TFT. 3. Paste Patch in War3 Folder and patch the game. You can delete the patching file if successful.

Dont paste any war3.exes cause usually diff version files may make it unsuccessful. Maybe patch the new installation with 1.24b full patch, 1.24c is shits and Blizzard MAY make a new patch if they r not idiots to ruin other things for some "VITAL" fixes.
Rofl, we have already fixed it.
Btw, the steps for a successful install is:

Delete all registry data in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Blizzard -> Warcraft III
Delete all Warcraft III files you have on your pc.
Install wc3 again.

Or to repear:
Run wc3 a single time.
Add InstallPath and InstallPathX to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Blizzard -> Warcraft III
Set the InstallPath(x) to the Installation Path of your warcraft.
Start wc3 again and patch it. It should work now.

Level 8
Other registry keys seemed to be missing as well btw. I used the program lwt that is capable of creating these entries again.
Then I had a problem with Blizzards Bomber scenario map which I replaced with one I found in a thread (had that issue last patch already q.q) and even then I failed to patch it via the directly downloaded patch duo to some game.dll issue. But by upgrading through battle net it finally worked ^.^

Level 22
To be ontopic: I far don't support this new patch that screws replays just for some JASS fixes, not to say for the uber important Human Campaign. + The 'Your connection has been lost' after you finish a game THX to 1.24a (1.24) - very annoying for all players, nm if Doters, players or modders - has never been solved and yet they give us this crap patch.

Level 15
The return bug is still not fixed.
Also, Blizzard doesn't ignore things, they set higher priority on stuff like general engine problems, which is understandable because they don't only use the engine on wc3. If they upgrade the engine, they can use that on the next game as well.

We could say that it is fixed...you can't return values like you did before...

And yes you might be right...They are upgrading their engine...Like they should be,but in my opinion they also need to create at least a hack-free enviroment for people to play their games(Bnet...)

Level 22
Blizzard know about Shadowfrench and do nothing about it. I even introduced them a Phoenix hack that makes the phoenix revive instantly without egg, I didnt know what kind of hack modifies war3 like that but I found it's called ZMAP and Blizzard did nothing when I reported, that's Blizzard, no need to explain why.

Level 9
Very nice patch...just DL'd the patch yesterday..works fine in my comp....tnx a lot!!
Know what I'd like Blizzard to add in the patch? WE hotkeys...especially hotkeys on object rolls. I don't think we have that one in editor.

- creyzi4zb12

Level 15
Blizzard know about Shadowfrench and do nothing about it. I even introduced them a Phoenix hack that makes the phoenix revive instantly without egg, I didnt know what kind of hack modifies war3 like that but I found it's called ZMAP and Blizzard did nothing when I reported, that's Blizzard, no need to explain why.

Actually i think they are smart...they examine everything/know everything but for various reasons they do no thing or just fix things in their own ways when they want to.

Level 22
Ok whyyyy? Why Blizzard are so stupid. I learnt that replays from 1.24b are gone forever, now why won't they upload Patch 1.24b to 1.24c on their damn website?? Dunno why other places have the full patch and Blizzard don't. Are these patches on random sites ok? Do they patch correctly?

http://www.goodgame.ru/news.php?ocd=view&id=4532
This is 1.24b to 1.24c but dunno if it patches correctly. Why all have it and Blizzard don't?? I don't know if it patches correctly, my laptop is not connected to Inet so I need the file for offline update.

Status
Not open for further replies.