• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passchendale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is my interpretation of Passchendaele ( Yes, It is also an Iron Maiden Song (up with the Iron \m/)). So yea it's not that good and it was a rushed one but I think it some how remotely resembles the real thing... Of course take out the warriors and add WWI soldiers..

and yea I accidently spelled the title of the thread... It should have been, "Paschendaele"... lol

-EDIT:

I made a new Paschendaele, I think it turned out a bit better then the original.

Attachments

• Passchendale.JPG
    Passchendale.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 253
  • Passchendaele.JPG
    Passchendaele.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 7
Well I was kinda using the image below as an example... the Terrain does end in that, and uses much less trees then I was.... I'll try to improve on this however.

Attachments

• paschendale.jpg
    paschendale.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 186
Level 9
The second one looks better but its still a little bland. The picture your basing it off looks like an old photo giving it that, well, old look for lack of a better term. It's an average terrain. I don't really see you making it better unless you don't follow the picture to the mark. It isn't really a great picture to base a terrain off for the want for more substance.

Level 9
I'm not saying it doesn't look like the image. I slightly does however to be a good terrain you would have to enhance it to make it catch your eye. The picture you based it off of doesn't catch my eye because of the terrain but the atmosphere.

Level 14
It doesn't feel like it's a swamp really.

Edit: Since that's what it's supposed to look like nay?

Level 36
It's nothing special, really. I guess you captured the atmosphere and all that, but it's a bit boring. Try getting rid of those waves (why the fuck would there be waves anyways?), adding at least SOME kind of tile variation, putting some more decoration like rocks and shit, and maybe some dead bodies ^^,

And get rid of the footmen... at least put something with guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.