• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Part'og River

This map is a 1v1 melee map, with 2 expansions for each player, plentiful green and orange creep camps, and very hard red creeps camps that require a very sizable army to take down comfortably. There are a lot of choke points for night elf players going Druids of the Talon, undead with fiends, and many other strategies that require choke points to fight successfully. However, there are just as many wide open areas for orcs and other races to fight in the open. Because of all the different ambush and choke points, there will be a lot of decision making on whether to fight or not.

This map has the standard melee buildings - and unguarded tavern in the center, Goblin Merchants, Mercenary camps, and Fountains of Health for each player. Every gold mine holds 12,500 gold, and are easy to scout so ninja expansions will be difficult to achieve. There is plentiful wood as well.

A very important detail to note is that the Centaur Impaler at the natural expansion drops a rune of rebirth, which early game dishes out some of the highest dps of any unit. These Centaur change the dynamic of mid game rushes as smarter players will take some time to grab this unit at their respective camp for a huge ranged damage advantage.

Finally, miscellaneous things such as critters for undead players to kill for skeletons have been added plentifully, and a large map will be sure to lead to some epic battles.

Part%27og%20River.jpg

PLAYED on a GBR day with User WTii1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsjbl6t_CXc (first map played, not me. All rights to WTii1)

1.1 Fixes: (Thank you to WTii1 and Sexytime for suggestions and bugs) [11/2/2013]
- Fixed green creep drops
- Increased the ground area on the left side of the map
- Decreased the difficulty of the red creep camps
- Balanced the top spawn a tad bit
- Various doodads added

Quick Fix 6/12/2015: Fixed bug in which there was a block of unbuildable terrain for the bottom player.

Keywords:
1v1, melee, standard, new, Dylennis, Part'og River, Part'og, River, Barrens, The Barrens, tileset, large, big, huge
Contents

Part'og River (Map)

Reviews
11:20, 15th May 2013 Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:

M

11:20, 15th May 2013
Orcnet: Hell_Master's review:
Hell_Master;2338027 said:
Played the game and quite nice and decent. Let me here give you a review:

Part'og River Review
[+] Good Points:
-Good terrain. It is not flat, you mixed tiles very well, you fill some doodads.
-I really do love that the map is scattered type where there is many ways to go, in other words "Open Area". Many pssoibilities for enemies to attack and ambush. Nice job.
-Game is filled well with Gold Mines and needed shops.

[-] Bad Points:
-Good terrain but I have notice at some point is the way are small that limits the movement of units and also some points lacks doodads.

[] Suggestions:
-Maybe add some fountain. It will look better and will increase survival rate.
-Fill some points with more doodads but dont spam them too much. Make some ways bigger so it will not limit unit movements.
Overall, I like the game and this is worthy of Approval. I will give this a rating of 4/5 and a +3 REP to the creator!

Level 30
Played the game and quite nice and decent. Let me here give you a review:

Part'og River Review
[+] Good Points:
-Good terrain. It is not flat, you mixed tiles very well, you fill some doodads.
-I really do love that the map is scattered type where there is many ways to go, in other words "Open Area". Many pssoibilities for enemies to attack and ambush. Nice job.
-Game is filled well with Gold Mines and needed shops.

[-] Bad Points:
-Good terrain but I have notice at some point is the way are small that limits the movement of units and also some points lacks doodads.

[] Suggestions:
-Maybe add some fountain. It will look better and will increase survival rate.
-Fill some points with more doodads but dont spam them too much. Make some ways bigger so it will not limit unit movements.
Overall, I like the game and this is worthy of Approval. I will give this a rating of 4/5 and a +3 REP to the creator!