1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Particle effects direction

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by davylink, Sep 28, 2005.

1. davylink

davylink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hi, I have a trouble with particles, I know how to create particles of all type for warcraft in 3D Studio Max 5 but I cannot make it spread to other direction, the particles only go up.
    I have rotated the particle system, the model, I have animated it... and I cannot make it spread forward.
    If anyone can help me I could do great models with better particle systems :wink:

2. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you have installed Art Tools and know how to make animations with it, you should know how to make particles animations. It's the same way you need to do this...

If you don't know than write your problem in this post davylink.

3. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't know how you'd do this in 3dsmax or anything, but in the mdl you can add the tag:

ModelSpace,

This means that the emitter will still fire up or down according to gravity, but "up" and "down" can be changed by making its parent a rotating or translating bone.

4. davylink

davylink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have another problem:
    I have finished a new model, and I have imported it into a new map, but when I import it the model dosn't appear. I tried to reinitialize the map editor, play the map and the model doesn't appear. The problem is that the green and black box doesn't appear, so I suppose that the problem doesn't come from the texture.
    I tried to view the model at the Warcraft 3 Viewer and to convert it to mdl but I cannot solve the problem. Can you help me?

5. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Skin has a totally transparent alpha channel?

6. davylink

davylink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No, it is a simple skin. When I can, I'll send you the model and the skins. I think you are able to find the error. Whitch format do you want, .max or .mdx?
    Thank you very much! :wink:

7. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A simple skin or not, it might be lacking an alpha channel. If you want to send me anything, send an MDX and the skin in BLP format, or an MDL and a TGA would probably be more convenient. theroberdozer@hotmail.com is my address.

8. davylink

davylink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I have sent you the .mdl and the .blp to your e-mail.
    I tried to import the model without animations, but the editor crashes too.
    Thank you! :wink:

9. davylink

davylink

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much!!! :D
    You had all the reason. The problem was the big number of polygons. Now the model can be used in the game!
    You're great!