• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parrothead's Demo Maze System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is UNPROTECTED, and you may edit it after reading below.

This mazing system was created for easy maze making. It isn't that hard to use because I labeled most of the information and made the triggering very simple.

Includes a lot of mazing based triggers you see in almost every maze, plus a few bonus features.

I will add more to this later. I hope for this to be a giant pack that will include almost everything an aspiring maze maker wants, so please suggest things that you would like me to add.

If I screwed up somewhere, have an issue with a trigger etc, then please POST HERE! Do not private message me specific questions because other people may have the same problem.

Features

Checkpoint system (for all users, option to include individual players available soon.)
Revival system (with individual lives.)
Clock to show time spent ingame.
Sliding system (GUI and jass).
Turning system for sliding (jass only).
Unit patroling demo.
Camera zooming.
Death when touching specific terrain (configurable).
And MORE (and more to come).
Credits

|Parrothead| - Created most systems.
|RoNiN77| - Created jass sliding systems.
Changelog 2.01

Fixed an error with Die On Specific Terrain
Fixed revive to work with all players.
Only the Maze Runner can grab checkpoints now.
Added some more information to Map Info.
Corrected some spelling errors.
Added a variable selection trigger for more customization.
Added more names to the Mazer.
Changed checkpoints. You can only get the checkpoint message once UNLESS you hit another checkpoint and go back.
Added burning terrain for damage over time.
Added a leaver removal system.
Keywords:
Maze, tutorial, demo, scripts, GUI, jass
Contents

Demo Maze Map (Map)

Reviews
16:57, 16th Jun 2010 Hanky: Some points: - never use BJ's in JASS - fix those leaks - some more documentation would be nice - most of the stuff is just too simple Read the spell submission rules next time please.

M

16:57, 16th Jun 2010
Hanky:
Some points:
- never use BJ's in JASS
- fix those leaks
- some more documentation would be nice
- most of the stuff is just too simple

Read the spell submission rules next time please.

Level 13
Sorry about the name, I'll fix it :).

Nope... Nope and Nope...
Well, maybe for an beginner, but you shouldn't use regions.
Use Polar Offset as to make units go in the wanted place, not regions, and checkpoints can be done with dummy units. (ex. unit comes in range of DummyUnitReviver do...)
Well, good luck improvinf this!

Why so anti-region?

Can you post code/triggers here plz?

That would take up a lot of space. You cannot just open the map?

Anyways, I added/changed/fixed a few things.

Last edited:
Level 12
Parrothead said:
This map is UNPROTECTED, and you may edit it after reading below.
NO? You just post things in the spells section to tease people about it...

Parrothead said:
If I screwed up somewhere, have an issue with a trigger etc
Sorry to say, but I have an issue with not just the triggers, but the whole thing...
Highly inneficiant triggers.
Looks like you spent 5 minutes making it.
Bad choise of different terrains.

If you're going to hand things out to newbs, hand something out that is something like vJass, because the newbs don't actually learn from copying and pasting triggers anyway, so why not make it the best stuff?

Overall, I just say - Pretty bad...
mod_no.png

Last edited:
Level 13
NO? You just post things in the spells section to tease people about it...

Sorry to say, but I have an issue with not just the triggers, but the whole thing...
Highly inneficiant triggers.
Looks like you spent 5 minutes making it.
Bad choise of different terrains.

If you're going to hand things out to newbs, hand something out that is something like vJass, because the newbs don't actually learn from copying and pasting triggers anyway, so why not make it the best stuff?

Overall, I just say - Pretty bad...
mod_no.png

YES?

Please point out my highly ineficiant triggers and where lava and ice terrain choises actually look good together.

I never said I wanted newbs to learn anything from my map, I just provided a map for people to download that contained mazing triggers. I could care less if 'newbs' learned anything from this map, as this is purely for them to make maze maps by taking everything that they need from it.

I don't understand, you say newbs don't learn from copying and pasting triggers, yet if the map was in vjass, wouldn't they just copy and paste the codes and still not learn anything by this logic? I've never heard of a newb that knew vjass or even jass for that matter.

I will improve to make it look like I spent 10 minutes on it.