• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Parko Entertainment Now Hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
No, to answer your question, we're not firing anyone. I just want to have more maps worked on by different people.

Here are the roles i'm looking for

Terrainers - Willing to make anything from a city, to a continent. This can be Warcraft lore, Starcraft, or some random lore the team makes up!

Triggerers - Most needed, as custom spells and such will likely need such triggers. Also events in most maps happen quite often, and not always do we have such a triggerer.

Uniters - Willing to work through balancing, lore obedience, etc. Should we well learned on the history of the project. Also has the most power, as they can over-ride a decision and create their own unit (Within my consent and if it fits.)

Idea Consultants - Not the most needed, but definitely good. They evaluate Lore, the basic ideas, and have access to the Spreadsheets (The other roles cannot edit, only look for reference.)

Feel free to either comment here, or PM me.

I'm looking for a few things as a template

Username:
Desired Role(s):
Why I should be in the role(s):
Desired Map Type (Warcraft, Starcraft, Other, or Random lore.):
Comments or Questions:

Just as a reference, We've worked on Siege of Durnholde.

Level 24
Terrainers - Willing to make anything from a city, to a continent. This can be Warcraft lore, Starcraft, or some random lore the team makes up!
Me.

Triggerers - Most needed, as custom spells and such will likely need such triggers. Also events in most maps happen quite often, and not always do we have such a triggerer.
Me as well.

Uniters - Willing to work through balancing, lore obedience, etc. Should we well learned on the history of the project. Also has the most power, as they can over-ride a decision and create their own unit (Within my consent and if it fits.)
Yea why not.

Idea Consultants - Not the most needed, but definitely good. They evaluate Lore, the basic ideas, and have access to the Spreadsheets (The other roles cannot edit, only look for reference.)
Anything I can't do?

I feel like him now.

But one question, what is the next map about?

Level 4
Well, there's multiple ideas. Let me lay them down right now.

City Assaults: The host starts out by picking an amount of players (6, 12, 9, etc.) and then decides what sorts of teams there are going to be ( FFA, 6v6, 3v3, 2v2v1, etc) and then, according to the Hosts Choice, gets to choose between a few maps from lore to choose what game to play. It's basically little fights (separated into their own zones between fog of war) that have their own unitset (Dwarves & Trolls for example) and their own special events (A limited number, yes, but regardless, it's effective.) and a specialty about the map (A certain place gives bonus resources if held, or if held for long enough by a certain team, an item is made.) that makes each one special. A plus is it also balances the fights so you can individually worry about different parts to fix. You can also release 1 or 2 every few patches or so. This is a Warcraft Lore map.

City of Demons: A custom lore map that takes place in a Capital City of Humans. An artifact which has granted an aura of hope and peace throughout the land lays in this city, and it's power is enough that it has attracted the attention of the Great Demon King, Mog’rann the Burning. He has sent his demons to take the artifact back to his portal, so that he may be summoned into this world. The citizens of the Kingdom all rise up to fight this great evil. It is a 6v6 Demons vs Defenders Hero Fight. The city plays an active role to all the inhabitants, as citizens can become panicked, running away from danger, citizens can turn into the demon-corrupted Dark Fiends, and generally, the guards and such act as if they're players as well, trying to block off a monster's route of escape and such. Each hero has their own individual goal as well, from gathering Cultists to wooing Maidens and recruiting Mob Members.

Kalimdor The Forgotten Fight: Taking place during the 3rd war, this map acts like Azeroth Wars, but it only takes place on Kalimdor. The one place that nobody ever seems to cover alone (Or if they do, it's only one region, like Durotar or Tanaris, etc.). Regardless, It plays through, trying to be as lore accurate as possible. It also includes a player who acts as the Gods and Aspects of the world. They are worshipped by (Almost) all the players and act as the buffer to help a race win a certain fight, or crush another. However, it's best to keep fair favor with all, as your power only comes from temples which have to be defended by the players (And a limited number of Guardians specific to that worshipping spot, but that's off the point.)

The War on Outland: This takes place from the Blood Elven Campaign where Kael arrives with Vashj in Outland, all the way to the end of the Burning Crusade, with (In a instance) the Sunwell and Kael'thas trying to summon Kil'jaden. Also trying to be as lore friendly as possible.

Starcraft: Ascension: This is a new one to me, but it acts as a Starcraft Azeroth Wars (I use that term too much.) stretching from Starcraft 1 to Starcraft 2 (If this is the last Xpac. If not, we'll extend it) including all the possible lore we can. Lots of second chances and such. Lots of switching from Space to Planets, etc.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.