• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Parasite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I tried to make the ability Parasite into a hero ability wit 6 levels, but for some weird reason it doesnt work. The "cursed unit" doesn't get the buff and doesn't spawn minion when it dies. Any ideas on y this happen?

Level 19
hmm it works well on dota (Broodmother)
Anyway I think I got it
It doesnt affect heroes so remove the non-hero thing in targets (I think you did already) and make set Duration - Hero to some value
And Reset the everything else to test it working
Then make changes step by step to learn the problem if it isnt duration or targets

Level 3
A unit will only spawn your summon on death if the field "Combat - Death Type" is "can raise, does decay" or "can raise, does not decay" for the unit that has the parasite debuff (decay shouldn't matter). I dont even think the parasite ability would leave a buff on a unit that does not fit these requirements (I know black arrow doesn't). If you change those fields for heroes, keep in mind spells like animate dead and raise dead would probably work on them too (haven't tested).

Level 9
I tried everything that i know of to make it work.. but it still doesnt spawn any units or leave a curse on the targeted unit. Ill post the screens of the spell maybe u can tell me wats wrong wit it.
11471907lf0.gif
14114467th0.gif
40043658ki4.gif
48813721wm5.gif
91994115eb8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.