• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paper Lanterns

Some minor decoration from my other resource, post it here per Raven's suggestion.

You can change its color upon your project's needs only, no other modification or re-upload please.

Tag: Japanese, lantern, paper, lamp, light

Update 1: added 1 variations - S type.
Update 2: added 2 more variations - C type.
Update 3: reworked/fixed S1's hanging and C+'s death animation
Update 4: death animation changed to disappearance; stand alternate now shows its light off
Contents

Paper Lantern (Model)

Paper Lantern (Model)

Paper Lantern (Model)

Paper Lantern (Model)

Paper Lantern (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Nice idea and good execution. Works ingame performs well.
Level 10
Pretty cool. I suggest including a Stand Alternate animation based on the death animation, but it would still have the chain visible like a simple on and off switch.

Well, that seems to be a mistake of mine. I intended to make stand/death animation as turn on/off, the chain is an additional detail at last minutes.

But your suggestion give me a thought of destroyed animation (disappearing only, since the height will be changed according to user's will). By stand alternate you meant using this model as unit? Idk if you can add alternate tag to a doodads' animation during game, is it possible?

Level 25
Not through tags, but the animation can still be played for destructibles or doodads with triggers. I just used Stand Alternate an example animation name :prazz:

I like the variations you just added. The rope on the darker variation could use a tighter texture mapping to hide the gray parts on the sides of the rope. I only bring it up because I'd be using it in a platformer, and it stands out more from a side angle.