• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Panning the camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Now when I say "panning the camera", I don't mean I need to make a cinematic. What I want to find out is how exactly to make it so that the top-down Warcraft III camera pans... well, differently. I've seen Warcraft III maps (specifically NotD: AM) that had this, and I was curious on how to do it. I want to know how the Warcraft III camera can be modified to move a little more gently, easy, and smoothly as opposed to how it is normally. Any ideas? [Discuss]

Level 3
Hehe that's simple but sweet indeed.
Just trigger "Camera - Change camera smoothing factor" to make the camera moves well... smoother.
And if you want the camera to sway a little like in NOTD : AM, use "Camera - Sway the camera target". My personnal settings are magnitude 25 and velocity 0.15 but it's up to you to choose yours. Note that you'll have to use the pick every players in player group to apply it to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.