• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paladin with Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am working on an Ashbringer project. For this, I need a paladin who uses a sword that I can then Alpha out. I do not have the the technical know-how to remap the geosets to the bones, but i do know how to swap out textures. I would be forever grateful to whomever can manage this, as I will be using this model with potentially 5 different skins and loads of attachments.

Level 28
Alternatively, you could just remove the Paladin's hammer with Mdlvis or War3 Model Editor and save it and then use the sword as an attachement (Either as a Special effect or a custom ability)
Anyway, what kind of sword you want to attach to this paladin?

Level 4
Alternatively, you could just remove the Paladin's hammer with Mdlvis or War3 Model Editor and save it and then use the sword as an attachement (Either as a Special effect or a custom ability)
Anyway, what kind of sword you want to attach to this paladin?

Kitabitake's Ashbringer.

Weaponless Models: Get Yours Here!
^ There you have a weaponless paladin.

Took less than 10 seconds using the search, btw.

This model you linked would have him using hammer animations while wielding a sword, and it has some other issues. The book floats around in his channel animation and there is a massive starburst animation in front of him.

I want to avoid using the hammer animations because it would look ridiculous in game and would definitely be brought up by the reviewers when I upload the campaign because of the standards of quality on this site.

Level 28
This model you linked would have him using hammer animations while wielding a sword, and it has some other issues. The book floats around in his channel animation and there is a massive starburst animation in front of him.

I want to avoid using the hammer animations because it would look ridiculous in game and would definitely be brought up by the reviewers when I upload the campaign because of the standards of quality on this site.
Unfortunately, it's the only way, the Paladin uses only the hammer animation unless you use Arthas model instead or change the Paladin's animations to fit with Arthas' animations. Besides, I've never seen a map/campaign getting rejected because of some low quality models before, I've seen plently of maps with broken models in it and they still get approved. What matter most is the gameplay rather the models' quality tbh.
In any case, I've removed the hammer and the book from the Paladin model, you can attach the Ashbringer to it using triggers :

• Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of Paladin 0000 <gen> using war3mapImported\Ashbringer.mdx

Attachments

• HeroPaladinWeaponless.mdx
    271.1 KB · Views: 52
Level 4
Thanks! I really hope this works the way I want it to. Out of curiosity, how did you do it? Did you just alpha the hammer out? Or did you actually edit the model? I ask because I would like to eventually be able to do this myself and I have no idea where to even start.

Level 28
Thanks! I really hope this works the way I want it to. Out of curiosity, how did you do it? Did you just alpha the hammer out? Or did you actually edit the model? I ask because I would like to eventually be able to do this myself and I have no idea where to even start.
It's very easy, you can either use War3 ModelEditor or Mdlvis. If you're using Mdlvis, just open the model you want to edit and select all the vertices you want to remove and click on "Delete" and you're done. War3 ModelEditor can do that to, just open the model and go to Windows --> Model Editor --> Select the hammer for example and click on Tranformations --> Scaling and set the value of (x,y,z) to 0 and click OK.

Level 4
Awesome, thanks. I've tried that before, but always worried the model would try to spaz on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.