• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Paladin with Ashbringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey I would like to make a request from you model makers. If any of you are up for the challenge to create a epic paladin weilding a Ashbringer sword. I've tried to use the tool to do it my self but there is a flaw with it and is no cure. So for those of you who can do this i beg you, it would realy be helping me out thanks guys i hope I'm not asking to much but I've been looking for this kind of model for a while (and i mean a WHILE, 2 years) and i will give major props to you when i make my game. (preferably not the traditonal paladin model but if you do it at all I'll be overjoyed)

Level 48
Wow, someone should really make guidelines for requests.
Unless you provide us with screenshots, information about your project, why you need the model sooo much, why is it absolutely NECESSARY for you to make a map... Unless you do all that no one is going to help you. No one likes to make a model just for it to go to waste.

Level 1
well you already have a Ashbringer model at hand (thank you sun_chips) so all you have to do is use the vertex tool and take the hammer out of a paladin hands and replace it with the ashbringer is it that hard? Ive tried and have gottin close but the vertex modding tool didnt work with my computer and 20+ other peoples. And i said "IF YOU WANT TO" to use a better paladin model you could. but i thought that would be to much of a bother. As to why i need it so badly is because i was planning on make an epic Scarlet Crusade vers. undead map like the game war in the plaguelands, but i was playing a number of epic games like DAOW(dark ages of warcraft) WIP(war in the plaguelands) War in Azeroth. And i noticed an iconic hero was missing something. thats right. Mograine was missing The Ashbringer. I'm sure that not only I would be happy that someone made this but the creators of those games as well. There was also a number of lower known about maps which i have made and people seem to like (games name is Life in Lordaeron Svers.). But i was planning on adding a scarlet crusade hero weilding an ashbringer.

Last edited:
Level 1
thanks ill do that, but it would help if i could have a link or at least the address

if u says that, u might as well do it yourself?
since u said that its nt really tat hard right ?

Like i said TWICE now my computer wont work with the corrupted file when you download the vertex tool. so its not hard but my computer is to advanced for that tool to be used idk why but alot of people who used that tool were not able to becase of that mishap. So yes it is easy but i cant do it.

No, no... Screenshots of your PROJECT, of your MAP. To know that we are not doing this for NOTHING. To know that you have an almost done map, because no one is stupid enough to begin developing their map only when they got all the models they want.

you definatly wouldnt be doing it for nothing as i said I've asked many map makers who would love one. I could see endless uses for a sick model like that. But if you want to see my project. I have a better idea ill put the download and you can play it. http://epicwar.com/maps/140656/ keep in mind i did inherit it but i added 4.1MB to the map so that makes it mine because i doubled the size space of the original map and this isnt the version im working on RIGHT now i made alot of nerfing to the city in my next version. and youll most likely be stubborn about "no i want screen shots" i know how to take them but not how to find them again. yes its probly something easy and im just retarded lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
ya but i was talking to three different people. i wanted to speak to each as a seperate person. and avoid confusion

Level 1
Heres what I would do.

Ask the model creator for the model without the wepon
then in the game set the ashbringer model as an atachment

hope that helps
Ac!d

Level 2
Well i don't know how to help you, but it dosn't look like anyone else is interested who knows how. so i'll help you do this if you walk me through the steps, since it sounds like you know what to do but just can't, and i might be able to do it but just don't know how.

Level 1
Well i don't know how to help you, but it dosn't look like anyone else is interested who knows how. so i'll help you do this if you walk me through the steps, since it sounds like you know what to do but just can't, and i might be able to do it but just don't know how.

Thank you this really helps me out, it means alot to me, i just hope the vertex download works for you. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/basic-weapon-removal-31486/ this should tell you everything you need to know about taking a weapon from a unit (the paladin, preferably Uther or one of the sick paladin models on this site like the templar) and the adding of one should be the opposite of whatever you do. if you have a specific question just ask. the difficulty rating is low so you shouldnt have any problems if everything downloads fine. If you need more help with adding the ashbringer i'll look for a tutorial for that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.