• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Paintpro9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I got inspired by the skinning competition into skinning the humanfootman and he turned out alright (Not submitting him into the competition, that would be suicide), however i was browsing for a way to uhm eh you know uhm have the skin contain alpha channels (Teamcolor.).
(found one in wc3c,- go to Load from Alpha Channel and choose the Alpha 1 channel. Follow the "from scratch" directions. When finished, save over the existing Alpha 1 channel rathere than making an additional one.)

Anywho i´ve been searching like mad in the paintshop on where to locate the load alphachannel.
Kinda embarrased about not finding it :sad: been searching like crazy for 30min.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Not exactly sure on what you mean, a transparent background is a blank\White background right so do you mean coloring\erasing everything around the actual skin white and the thing that contains the team color?

Edit: this is the skin btw.

Level 12
I mean make a new picture the same size and make sure it says transparent background(not really sure where this is, but it should be somewhere in the screen where you set the dimensions and stuff) then copy your skin into there and save it as a .tga. This way you can erase stuff into transparency thus alphaing it succesfully.

Level 2
I think this is the problem I may be having as well. I use paint shop temporarily because it's pretty darn user friendly. But I've had alpha problems as well people tell me that PSP usually screws them up when you try to put them back on the model. But I donno- all my psp skins come out nonexistent or clear when you put them back on models.

Status
Not open for further replies.